Selective service and residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Dr.twelve

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello guys,
I recently matched into residency with an affiliated VA program. While doing the onboarding, I saw that you are required to be registered with selective service system. However I have not ever registered with Sss as I grew up outside of the US since i was 14 years old. This is actually the first time I have heard about this. Am I screwed? What are my options now? If anybody has any experience regarding this, I would love to hear from you.
 
Hello guys,
I recently matched into residency with an affiliated VA program. While doing the onboarding, I saw that you are required to be registered with selective service system. However I have not ever registered with Sss as I grew up outside of the US since i was 14 years old. This is actually the first time I have heard about this. Am I screwed? What are my options now? If anybody has any experience regarding this, I would love to hear from you.

No, you're not screwed.

All able body males are required to register, in case there's a draft.

The likelihood of a draft is very slim. You're more likely to be struck by lightning.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The likelihood of a draft is very slim. You're more likely to be struck by lightning.
1719687907648.png