self-study for bcps ?

Started by saynow
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

saynow

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I m trying nowdays for self study to bcps
do you think this possible ?
I already study psychiatry part and about to finish another part
thank you
 
I took a week off and studies the study guides, and read up on guidelines, etc. I passed pretty easily - and other than the stats, I can say with fairly good certainty there was one question that I actually got right because of my studies. You know it or you don't.

It was a waste of my PDO in all honesty
 
In a couple of months, I'll look at what material is out on the web (ASHP, ACCP, RxPharm). I think the biostats alone is going to be a nightmare for me and honestly, I am pretty burnt out. Maybe the PGY-1 right out the gate is more than enough (give or take 3-4 weeks of concentrated study time). I have until August/September to figure it out.

I just don't think I have it in me to try and self-study with the other options out there to help guide my focus (coming from a guy with no student loans). Chances are I'll drop some cash to fund my guided lectures/slides/pdf-material/online question banks...