Sell Pre-Med Books

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xXIDaShizIXx

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I'll be done with all of my premed prerequisites after the summer (Physics I & II). Then I'm going to start studying for the MCAT. Do I need to keep my textbooks (Organic, Bio, Genetics, Inorganic) to help study for the MCAT or can I go ahead and sell them? Just wondering.:)

Members don't see this ad.

Sell them fast before they come out with a new edition and they are not worth anything. You do not need your textbooks for the MCAT. The review books are more than enough and if they are lacking there are other resources out there that can fill in the gaps.

So, I'll be done with all of my premed prerequisites after the summer (Physics I & II). Then I'm going to start studying for the MCAT. Do I need to keep my textbooks (Organic, Bio, Genetics, Inorganic) to help study for the MCAT or can I go ahead and sell them? Just wondering.:)

sell them online. You'll get a much better price than what a use-book store would offer.

The only downside is that you may wait days-months to sell.

Members don't see this ad :)
I kept mine and thought they were a huge help in addition to review books (Biology not so much). But that's just me and my opinion. Review books don't always cover all the material and are more apt to have mistakes. The Kaplan physics review in particular fails cover a fairly substantial amount of potential topics (mainly optics stuff from what I remember) and is FULL of mistakes from cover to cover. And to the best of my knowledge there is no errata thats publicly available and the same mistakes seem to persist from year to year.