You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Selling health insurance plan as side gig?
Started by Prosperity8
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
If you sell prescription plans to patients your pharmacy potentially does business with, it sure seems like a conflict of interest to me. If you ever verified a prescription run through that plan, or changed someone's med to a plan-preferred med, the conflict would be glaring.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted950169
All depends on your employer. Mine explicitly stated conflicts of interest are not prohibited but must be disclosed
I just looked into this the other day. Good stream of income if you can find a ALF or independent living facility to talk to. 20-30 per patients per month commission.
Hell, at one point I was doing this for free in the pharmacy.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know a pharmacist who quit a letter company and became a full time insurance agent. She makes the same amount of money with less stress!! Just have to do a lot of traveling. I still want to keep my full time retail pharmacist job. Looking to only supplement with this side gig every other weekend and 1 day a week. I want to pay off my student loans and mortgage early before the job crash. It's too difficult to get a part time hospital job as a pharmacist.
there is a difference between conflicts of interest that your company allows vs conflicts of interest (ex. kickback clauses) that are illegal through CMS. I don't know if this scenario falls into that category or not, but if it does, you are essentiall ending your pharmacist career.All depends on your employer. Mine explicitly stated conflicts of interest are not prohibited but must be disclosed
D
deleted950169
Oh yeah definitely not recommending breaking any cms laws!there is a difference between conflicts of interest that your company allows vs conflicts of interest (ex. kickback clauses) that are illegal through CMS. I don't know if this scenario falls into that category or not, but if it does, you are essentiall ending your pharmacist career.
Any other pharmacists here get approached by pharmacists working for MLM companies? Laughable that they ask "do you like to help people?"
Most awkward entrapment dinners/ meet-ups ever. Ugh.Any other pharmacists here get approached by pharmacists working for MLM companies? Laughable that they ask "do you like to help people?"
Most awkward entrapment dinners/ meet-ups ever. Ugh.
I feel really bad for the uneducated, low self-esteem individuals who get into it. They also target minorities and immigrants who seek to be a part of something. It's very sad.
Yes! By other pharmacists too. R&F, Mary Kay, and Nerium for skincare. Thrive because who doesn't want expensive urine, ummmm, I mean to fill nutritional gaps and live an ultra premium life? Lol!Any other pharmacists here get approached by pharmacists working for MLM companies? Laughable that they ask "do you like to help people?"
I have no interest in any of these products or the "business opportunity."
It's all the same stupidity. Only the product changes. #bossbabe #rocketship
Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Yes! By other pharmacists too. R&F, Mary Kay, and Nerium for skincare. Thrive because who doesn't want expensive urine, ummmm, I mean to fill nutritional gaps and live an ultra premium life? Lol!
I have no interest in any of these products or the "business opportunity."
It's all the same stupidity. Only the product changes. #bossbabe #rocketship
Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Hey I don’t think you should talk until you try it. I know plenty of people who made it with MLM. They are just more motivated than you or I. Maybe more connected too.
Someone is getting rich off of an idea. Good for them. They sale makeup or skin care or whatever.
What do pharmacist do? Count by 5? Stick 180 oxy in a bottle and try to upsale Narcan so you can increase script count? Oh I’m sorry we counsel too whoooopty doooo.
Stop being so full of yourself Mr. pharmD.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey I don’t think you should talk until you try it. I know plenty of people who made it with MLM. They are just more motivated than you or I. Maybe more connected too.
Someone is getting rich off of an idea. Good for them. They sale makeup or skin care or whatever.
What do pharmacist do? Count by 5? Stick 180 oxy in a bottle and try to upsale Narcan so you can increase script count? Oh I’m sorry we counsel too whoooopty doooo.
Stop being so full of yourself Mr. pharmD.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep apparently there is money to be had...Rodan and fields is not cheap, huge markups, I just can’t stand all these before and after a with different lighting and background as well as facial expression
there is a difference between conflicts of interest that your company allows vs conflicts of interest (ex. kickback clauses) that are illegal through CMS. I don't know if this scenario falls into that category or not, but if it does, you are essentiall ending your pharmacist career.
Oh yeah definitely not recommending breaking any cms laws!
Conflict of interest how? When you take the 40 hour course to be certified. I'm hoping you don't just pick one company. Diversify. As long as you choose the best company for your client, you CYA. If you go to Medicare.gov they give you the top 50 plans in you zip code. Sign up with those plans. Diversify (that's the key).
We all fake it one way or another. manipulating the numbers to make your verify by promise time better, more waiters. Or announce a restructure to increase stock prices. How about, the 4th quarter is going to show a loss, let's cut hours and bonus and raises to make it look better.Yep apparently there is money to be had...Rodan and fields is not cheap, huge markups, I just can’t stand all these before and after a with different lighting and background as well as facial expression
Everything is a sham. Shame on you if you don't do your due diligence.