Send letters to individual schools before even sending AACOMAS Primary?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

flatearth22

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you know if this is OK? Will the schools keep it on file for me even though I haven't even submitted a primary much less a secondary. I think my stats are competitive (3.6/32) to get secondaries from the DO schools I'm applying to (Western/Tuoros)....however I am still working on my PS and activities.

Members don't see this ad.

35 views and 0 responses.

Anyone?

35 views and 0 responses.

Anyone?

Best bet: just call a random school and see what their policy is on doing exactly that. If you're sending letters via Interfolio, then you need to do that after you submit your primary because I believe they require your AACOMAS ID # when sending letters.

In my opinion, I don't think you can send letters to any school until they have at least your primary, because that's when they'll actually have a file on you. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Best bet: just call a random school and see what their policy is on doing exactly that. If you're sending letters via Interfolio, then you need to do that after you submit your primary because I believe they require your AACOMAS ID # when sending letters.

In my opinion, I don't think you can send letters to any school until they have at least your primary, because that's when they'll actually have a file on you. Good luck!

Thanks for the reply....that's what I feared.

Thanks for the reply....that's what I feared.

Why would you use the term fear? Are you afraid your LOR's are going to self destruct? Or hoping they will read the LOR 1st and not look at your PS?

Even if you could submit them, no school is going to read them until after your secondary is completed at the earliest. Why would you be in such a hurry?

Just relax follow the same process as everyone else and you will be fine.

FYI, interfolio has a very fast turn-around on sending LOR's so they will still beat your secondary applications to the schools.

I would not do it, just wait until they get your primary it isn't that big of a deal. Most schools will throw away stuff that people send them that they do not request.

Do you know if this is OK? Will the schools keep it on file for me even though I haven't even submitted a primary much less a secondary. I think my stats are competitive (3.6/32) to get secondaries from the DO schools I'm applying to (Western/Tuoros)....however I am still working on my PS and activities.

this is absolutely fine. except LECOM they want it AFTER you received an interview. My DO who's writing my letters sent them before they received my primaries.

schools I called were: NYCOM, WCU, PCOM

It could vary school to school, but I think guydud's answer is the most accurate. I went to an informational meeting for TUCOM-CA and the Admissions Director said they don't want LORs until at least secondaries, because by then, they will have made a solid file for everyone. This makes it less likely for the letter to get thrown aside and lost in the mayhem.

I would not do it, just wait until they get your primary it isn't that big of a deal. Most schools will throw away stuff that people send them that they do not request.