Send new LOR post interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

princessd3

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever sent an LOR after interviewing? Good/Bad idea?

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering about this too. For the schools that put a cap on the number of letters that can be sent with your secondary, is it even possible/wise to send in another letter (beyond the school's upper limit) post-interview?

DoctorDolittle said:
I was wondering about this too. For the schools that put a cap on the number of letters that can be sent with your secondary, is it even possible/wise to send in another letter (beyond the school's upper limit) post-interview?

I did that. I called the school first to see if it would be okay to send another recommendation letter. I sent it to two of my post-interview schools. Both schools said yes.

However, some schools will not accept it I know. So..call up or email your school and ask them.

S.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have sent in an additional letter post interview invite...accepted at that school...It will help you if you believe it is a good letter, but just make sure to not send in more letters if there is a cap on them. I would call first to make sure it is okay.

NYMC specifically said during interview that they welcome additional info such as LOR and transcript w/new grades.