Send some love kiddies...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted50541

Got rejected from Pitt (after what apparently was not a good interview :mad: ), running out money and now I have to move back in with my folks. Oh, and my dog just died. Pitt was my last hope. Alas, I will have to start again. However, I am a year older and have wisened up to the insanity of this process.

This is the year of the rooster, my year. Unfortunately, it seems luck would have it that things work out for me at the end of the year and not the beginning. Or so I hope.

On a more cheeful note, I will be getting a german sherpard puppy in a month or so and leaving the awful winter of upstate NY for warmer times at home in the South.

As my rant nears its end, I would like to thank all who contribute (constructively or not) to SDN and help strengthen its bounty of information. Congrats to those who made it through this round and I wish you all the best.

To quote the great William Hicks, "Bear with me while I plaster on a fake smile and plough through this s*#t one more time." Night kiddies.

Members don't see this ad.

sorry to hear that.

Sorry about your dog. Better luck next year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Your dogs name was dimebag ? Sweet, i'll roll one for dimebag later on tonight :thumbup:

No, his name was Scooter. I haven't bothered changing my signature since Dime was killed.

Sorry about your dog, good luck next year!

ugh so sorry..that's a lot all at once. So sorry about Scooter; it's tough to lose a beloved pet. Also sorry about Pitt and this whole random process. Best of luck next year. :luck:

Who was Dimebag?

sorry to hear about your dog. good luck applying next year. :luck: :luck:

:love: :love: :love:

I'm in a similar boat, my friend. Just got rejected from my top choice post-interview yesterday and am throwing myself into the re-applicant pool. But I feel strangely at ease. It's just another year for us to grow and have experiences that will help us be better doctors. It will all be just fine!

the negative 1 said:
No, his name was Scooter. I haven't bothered changing my signature since Dime was killed.

Oh right, Darrell Dimebag the dude killed at Alrosa Villa in Columbus Ohio (go buckeyes). Well, Ill roll one anyway.

i am so sorry to hear about your dog and med school frustrations. it can only get better from here, right? take care of yourself and do something fun in the coming year - you deserve it.

best of luck to you. :)

Good luck with the new puppy and with reapplying.