send the LOR's now or wait till the AADSAS app gets mailed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dentalist

carpe diem
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am in the process of applying to dental schools, and have a quick question. I am trying to send the LOR's directly from my school's career center to schools. My AADSAS application was e-submitted in early June but it is not mailed to schools yet. So I am wondering if I should wait until schools receive my AADSAS application or just send the letters to schools now. Also, should I submit the fees after they receive my apps or submit them now? I appreciate your comments. Thank you!

Dentalist

Members don't see this ad.

Dentalist said:
Hey guys,

I am in the process of applying to dental schools, and have a quick question. I am trying to send the LOR's directly from my school's career center to schools. My AADSAS application was e-submitted in early June but it is not mailed to schools yet. So I am wondering if I should wait until schools receive my AADSAS application or just send the letters to schools now. Also, should I submit the fees after they receive my apps or submit them now? I appreciate your comments. Thank you!

Dentalist

Most schools do not want to except anything directly from you. I think this probably includes your LORs. Although, I do not think it will take AADSAS as long to process those as everything else since it takes no computation on their part. I think your best bet is to immediatly send all of them to AADSAS and let them mail out as soon as possible. AADSAS will send the LORs seperate from the rest of the application.

My school actually refuses to send LORs through AADSAS because they have had countless issues with them.

Ask your advisor what he/she recommends and go by that. My advisor wants me to let her know when AADSAS mails my app, than she will send the committee letter to the addresses I provide. I don't think it would hurt to send them early...but I think most schools want everything to arrive around the same time.

Good luck.