Sending app fee using parent's check?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

0Mik3cho

Dentgineer
Lifetime Donor
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
One dental school requires sending them a physical check for the application fee. I do not have any checks so would it be acceptable to use my parent's check so long as I include my name and AADSAS number in the memo line? Maybe I'm being paranoid but I'm concerned it might look bad for whatever reason.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes just include your name and aadsas # on the check, that’ll be fine.

Reactions: 1 users
They just want your money, they don’t care who’s bank account it comes out of. This goes for apps, supplements, and every other silly fee AADSAS or your school may have. Just include your name and ID number so they know where to credit things.

Reactions: 1 user
One dental school requires sending them a physical check for the application fee. I do not have any checks so would it be acceptable to use my parent's check so long as I include my name and AADSAS number in the memo line? Maybe I'm being paranoid but I'm concerned it might look bad for whatever reason.

If you want a check with your name on it, you can go to your bank in person and ask the person at the counter for one or two blank checks and they won't charge you for it.

They don’t care how they get their money, they just want their money. Don’t worry, just make sure they realize the check is for you app!