• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Sending app fee using parent's check?

0Mik3cho

Dentgineer
2+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2019
Laniakea Supercluster
  1. Dental Student
One dental school requires sending them a physical check for the application fee. I do not have any checks so would it be acceptable to use my parent's check so long as I include my name and AADSAS number in the memo line? Maybe I'm being paranoid but I'm concerned it might look bad for whatever reason.

About the Ads

HKSZYU

2+ Year Member
Mar 26, 2017
  1. Dental Student
They just want your money, they don’t care who’s bank account it comes out of. This goes for apps, supplements, and every other silly fee AADSAS or your school may have. Just include your name and ID number so they know where to credit things.

Reactions: 1 user

princeafrica

Certified Boss
2+ Year Member
Dec 7, 2017
  1. Dental Student
One dental school requires sending them a physical check for the application fee. I do not have any checks so would it be acceptable to use my parent's check so long as I include my name and AADSAS number in the memo line? Maybe I'm being paranoid but I'm concerned it might look bad for whatever reason.

If you want a check with your name on it, you can go to your bank in person and ask the person at the counter for one or two blank checks and they won't charge you for it.

DDShemi

2+ Year Member
Aug 8, 2016
  1. Dental Student
They don’t care how they get their money, they just want their money. Don’t worry, just make sure they realize the check is for you app!

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.