Sending LOR after waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hardworker101

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi

I hear people talking about sending updates to schools after being waitlisted. For people who are not in school right now and don't have recent transcripts to send to schools, is a new LOR from job/volunteer activity considered a good update?

Is it too late in the game to send a new LOR? Is it possible that they will actually review my file (w/ the new LOR) when a seat opens up or have schools ranked their waitlisted applicants at this point?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hi

I hear people talking about sending updates to schools after being waitlisted. For people who are not in school right now and don't have recent transcripts to send to schools, is a new LOR from job/volunteer activity considered a good update?

Is it too late in the game to send a new LOR? Is it possible that they will actually review my file (w/ the new LOR) when a seat opens up or have schools ranked their waitlisted applicants at this point?

Thanks
Depends on the school, but if they are open to LOIs and extra LORs then a well-written LOI with updates and why you are interested in the school along with some new LORs can help.

Good luck.