sending LOR from interfolio to AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

XRanger

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just sent 4 LORs from interfolio to AMCAS. However, I was reading AMCAS website and I read this "AMCAS will receive letters from users of VirtualEvals, Interfolio and via the mail. THE LETTER WRITER MUST INCLUDE YOUR AMCAS LETTER ID FOUND ON YOUR LETTER REQUEST FORM WHEN SENDING THE LETTERS VIA ANY MEDIUM."

When I first read it, I thought it meant my AMCAS ID, but upon careful look, I realized that it meant the letter ID on the individual letter request form. So should I tell interfolio to send it again with the letter ID?

Members don't see this ad.

Give it a few days to see if they figure it out. I included a cover sheet with the letter writer names and corresponding IDs and it worked well. You my want to do that if you need to resend...

i'm still deciding if I should send it again but I remembered I sent my letter along with the corresponding letter request form, so they should be able to find the letter ID on the letter request form and match it on their file right?

or does the letter IDs have to be on the letter of recommendation itself?
how long does it take for AMCAS to receive and process the letters btw? cause I sent them like 5 days ago

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't sent mine yet so I'm not sure if this works for SURE but Interfolio told me to upload the AMCAS LOE request form to your interfolio acct. and just have that sent with the letters... think that will work for AMCAS?

Yeah, I just did this yesterday. You upload your AMCAS Letter Request Form (that you would have given to your recommender) to your documents list. After your recommender submits his letter, it will also show up in your list. When you assign documents for delivery, AMCAS should receive both documents. In Interfolio's news update about letters and AMCAS, they mention that each letter of recommendation you have for AMCAS should be sent with both documents, the actual letter and the AMCAS Letter Form.

So, if you have 3 LORs, you should be sending AMCAS 6 documents.

Thanks, that helps a lot. One more though... Are people waiting until all their letters are submitted to Interfolio and then sending all at once to AMCAS? Currently I have 3/5 letters in to Interfolio. Should I send those now?

i just sent mine electronically a few days ago with amcas letter request forms, how long does it usually take for amcas to receive them?

did anyone else include the letter ID ON the letter itself? OR do you just send the letter request form along with the letter?

did anyone else include the letter ID ON the letter itself? OR do you just send the letter request form along with the letter?

I'm pretty sure you did everything correctly. Just send the letters and their AMCAS forms. Even people that havn't included the AMCAS form have been fine.

how long does it take for AMCAS to receive and process the letters btw? cause I sent them like 5 days ago

i just sent mine electronically a few days ago with amcas letter request forms, how long does it usually take for amcas to receive them?

Letters I sent with Interfoolio at the end of June were "Received" in two weeks. Letters sent the first week of July took 10 days.

Are people waiting until all their letters are submitted to Interfolio and then sending all at once to AMCAS? Currently I have 3/5 letters in to Interfolio. Should I send those now?

I did. It will cost you $4.00 for the extra delivery, but it just seemed better to get some letters in, espescially if those three letters will meet the requirements for some schools.

Upload your letter request forms to Interfolio and then send them all....It worked for me.

that's the thing that I'm worry about because I didn't include my letter ID on my LOR(I did sent it with the request form). And it's been 8 days since I sent them to AMCAS. How long does it usually take for them to process LORs?