• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

Sending LOR through AMCAS after secondary submitted

About the Ads

ServiceFirst

MS1
2+ Year Member
Mar 21, 2017
  1. Medical Student
    I do know some programs will mark you application as "complete" after the minimum required letters arrive, and may subsequently begin review of your file for interview at that point. However, any LOR's that come in afterwards will still be added to your file.

Highdrogen

Jul 24, 2017
    1. Pre-Medical
      Does it confer any advantages? Let's say another applicant submitted their secondary after yours and both you and them submitted LORs at the same time, after submitting secondaries. Who's application would be reviewed first?

LnSin

5+ Year Member
      Sep 21, 2015
      1. Medical Student
        Does it confer any advantages? Let's say another applicant submitted their secondary after yours and both you and them submitted LORs at the same time, after submitting secondaries. Who's application would be reviewed first?

I think it depends on who was complete first AND how the school reviews each applicant. So some people get preference early (exceptional stats, legacy, etc) no matter what, and then the school may sort the rest chronologically or through some other method.

Basically, I THINK it is school specific but I am a premed so perhaps adcoms advice is better here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
        About the Ads
        This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.