Sending new GRE scores after submitted application

Started by jessgreg
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jessgreg

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've already submitted my application to schools, many with the deadline in the middle of November. If I re-take the GRE and have the scores received prior to the deadline, will the new scores be considered along with the application? Or is it too late since I've already submitted the application and they may be in the process of reviewing it?

I emailed a couple schools about this but haven't heard back yet so wanted to see if anyone has first hand experience before I pay for a new GRE exam for nothing.
 
Same situation happened to me. I submitted my application and GRE score, but retook it again and received a higher score (before the GRE deadline). I e-mailed them to make sure that they will still consider my new scores and they all confirmed that they do and will accept my new GRE scores.