Sending pictures to schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MDtobe31311

Class of 2014!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been research on LOI's tonight, and I read a post from a few years back about a student that sent in pictures of himself with his LOI.

Does anyone know if that would be a good idea? Just curious, I don't really know if I would or not.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't understand the purpose of sending in your picture...unless you're exceptionally good looking or something. :laugh:

Seriously though, I don't see how this would significantly sway it in your favor more than just a well written LOI.

IF you look like this:

Hot+supermodel+Eva+Mendes.jpg

then HELL YEAH...:D:D

IF on the other hand you look like this:

101267.jpg

then send voice recording or better stick to writing..:laugh::laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Probably not necessary. A good number of schools ask for a photo with your secondary, so they may already have one. If they haven't asked, chances are they don't really want one.

IF you look like this:

Hot+supermodel+Eva+Mendes.jpg

then HELL YEAH...:D:D

IF on the other hand you look like this:

101267.jpg

then send voice recording or better stick to writing..:laugh::laugh:

haha. I'd pass on Prince charles. Maybe if it was William or Harry though ;)

I thought of it but decided against it. I used identifiers in the letter that I know the dean will have remembered me by, and then in any case you should be putting your AMCAS #. They can identify you with that and your file should have a picture.

I can see why it MAY work. when someone gets your letter and sees a picture at the same time they may feel more guilty denying a face than just a name and AMCAS #.

Just make sure it's taken with a cellphone in front of your bathroom mirror.

haha. I'd pass on Prince charles. Maybe if it was William or Harry though ;)

William was looking promising for awhile but Harry's definitely better looking now...even if he IS a firecrotch :smuggrin:

William was looking promising for awhile but Harry's definitely better looking now...even if he IS a firecrotch :smuggrin:

heehee most def. Big Willy is totally balding :eek:...seriously not a good look!:smuggrin:

I'd do it. You know anything to get ahead. I'd do the sexy but very sophisticated student look. ;) A tight shirt and make sure my love pillows were all up in the pic! :laugh:
Get a photography major or friend to take them

Haha Harry is a cutie. I like the mischievous ones. But Will is (eventually in many many many years) going to be KING. Even though its a pretty empty title its still pretty hot and every girl wants to be a princess at some point. I am informed by my friend though that they have VERY hot also royal cousins in other parts of Europe.

Dear god. Love pillows?
:laugh: my response EXACTLY.

What if it wasn't just a picture of you but a picture of you with some sort of accomplishment?

"here I am saving African babies"
"here I am receiving XYZ award"

Just honestly curious. :rolleyes:

A grad school I am considering (not med school) specifically states that they do not want pics until after student is confirmed accepted.

I only sent pictures into schools that specifically asked for them, but I can understand the rationale for sending them with a LOI. I imagine that most interviewers see tons of applicants, and a picture would help them remember you more clearly. They might not be able to put a face with the name, etc.

I can't imagine that a small/tasteful picture would hurt. I would avoid sending anything other than a picture of my face, though (e.g. no pictures of me saving babies from fires or tearing down the Berlin Wall)

I'm trying to decide between a double front bi or a side chest pose. Any suggestions?