Senior AOA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mjoo

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So many question, wish i were more attentive in school. :cool:
when do schools select senior aoa? is based only on grades or also character?

Members don't see this ad.

At my school it's about 50% grades and about 50% popularity contest, which is why I have virtually no chance in hell of being AOA despite probably being near the top of my class.

Definitely a popularity contest to some extent--I was in the top 10% of my class, as was one of my best friends, and neither of us got it, while buddies of the junior AOA guys got in.

actually its dependent on a combination of grades and activities as well as personality - well-rounded people. Not a popularity contest -many people elected to senior AOA are not at all "popular" but rather nice well-rounded individuals with grades in the top of the class. some of the top people in the class do not get it despite perhaps being "popular" b/c they had not contributed anything outside of getting good grades for their own transcripts.

LaCirujana said:
Definitely a popularity contest to some extent--I was in the top 10% of my class, as was one of my best friends, and neither of us got it, while buddies of the junior AOA guys got in.

LaCirujana said:

Its only a popularity contest as far as being popular with the profs. I don't think that, at least at Baylor, it had much to "contributions" outside the classroom, as most med students didn't have much time for extracurricular stuff. That said, only peeps with great grades got in.