California AOA CME requirement for DOs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MedicineMan99

Family Medicine Attending (DO)
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a DO who is boarded by the ABFM but I have a DO license in California so I need to get 40 hours of Cat 1A or 1B AOA CME credit every 2 years. Does anyone know any free way to get this? (I'm not a member of the AOA or any other DO organization currently).
 
I'm a DO who is boarded by the ABFM but I have a DO license in California so I need to get 40 hours of Cat 1A or 1B AOA CME credit every 2 years. Does anyone know any free way to get this? (I'm not a member of the AOA or any other DO organization currently).

I don't know about free options. I think you might have to pay for something regardless to get that many, unless you are involved in a residency/training program.

I've gotten multiple ads for teleconferences offering 1A/B AOA credits, which still costs a good amount.