Senior Year Schedule

dancerdoctor

7+ Year Member
Apr 22, 2012
  1. Pre-Medical
    At my school, we are only required to take 4 classes Senior year. I'm planning to go to a local Community College to take a course or two per semester, in addition to my required four courses. My question is which classes should I add to my schedule and which college class would be most beneficial for a pre-med? Do I need a more rigorous senior year?

AP Literature
    AP Calculus
    AP Macro Economics
    AP Biology

College Course (Possibly Chemistry or Physics) :confused:

AntiHouseMD

May 26, 2011
    Massachusetts
    1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
      First of all, don't pick an extremely rigorous schedule. Obviously pick a few challenging courses, but you'll regret picking all AP's/college classes when senioritis hits later next year. Having a slide in a high school class is one thing, but dealing with senioritis during a course for college credit is a big mistake.

Here's my personal opinion. I would pick at least one advanced course that covers a non-science course (Literature/Macroeconomics/Calc) and at least one science advanced class (Bio/Chem/Physics). This way, you have experience in both a science and a non-science course while balancing your course load.

I don't have that much experience with these types of things, so I'll leave it to others to offer more detailed advice. Good luck!

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.