Senior Year Schedule

dancerdoctor

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
At my school, we are only required to take 4 classes Senior year. I'm planning to go to a local Community College to take a course or two per semester, in addition to my required four courses. My question is which classes should I add to my schedule and which college class would be most beneficial for a pre-med? Do I need a more rigorous senior year?

AP Literature
AP Calculus
AP Macro Economics
AP Biology

College Course (Possibly Chemistry or Physics) :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

First of all, don't pick an extremely rigorous schedule. Obviously pick a few challenging courses, but you'll regret picking all AP's/college classes when senioritis hits later next year. Having a slide in a high school class is one thing, but dealing with senioritis during a course for college credit is a big mistake.

Here's my personal opinion. I would pick at least one advanced course that covers a non-science course (Literature/Macroeconomics/Calc) and at least one science advanced class (Bio/Chem/Physics). This way, you have experience in both a science and a non-science course while balancing your course load.

I don't have that much experience with these types of things, so I'll leave it to others to offer more detailed advice. Good luck!