Senior Year!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

znny19

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So senior year is starting for some of us. What are you guys taking this year?

With interviews around the corner I'd imagine a lighter course load. Sucks I have to finish my double major...
17 Credits
PChem: 3 credits
Biochem TA: 1 Credit
Research Seminars: 1 Credit
Research: 1 Credit
Marine Biology: 4 Credits
A&P 1: 4 Credits

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Biochem
microbio (virology)
Histology
Anatomy
Physiology
Micro-Econ
Small business management
Stats
Orgo Lab

So yeah, it's not gonna be much of an easy year for me ugh lol

13 credit hours :p
International Economics, Health Policy Economics, Biochemistry, Anatomy and Physiology

Research/extracurriculars will take up a lot of my time

Members don't see this ad :)

With interviews around the corner I'd imagine a lighter course load. Sucks I have to finish my double major...
17 Credits
PChem: 3 credits (Stressing out about this =[...will a B suffice?)
Intro to Writing: 3 credits

Sweet, your taking pchem, I loved that class so much. Quantum physics :)

PCHEM, BIOCHEM LAB, CALC /w TRIG, SURVEY OF CHEMICAL LITERATURE....total 13 credits :) also working.

I have 13 credits crammed into only classes on Tuesday and Thursday. I was thinking this would be good for interviews, BUT so far all my interviews are on Fridays and with travel I am actually having to miss a lot of class. I didn't really think this through...

17 Credits
PChem: 3 credits (Stressing out about this =[...will a B suffice?)
Intro to Writing: 3 credits

I have similar classes! Pchem, A&P 1, Research, and ceramics

17 credits
biochem
virology
animal bio
genetics lab
endocrinology

Not fun. Not fun at all *_*

Course loads like this make me feel inadequate lol. I have had some war semesters but this is impressive.

Biochem
microbio (virology)
Histology
Anatomy
Physiology
Micro-Econ
Stats
Orgo Lab

Biochem
microbio (virology)
Histology
Anatomy
Physiology
Micro-Econ
Stats
Orgo Lab

Course loads like this make me feel inadequate lol. I have had some war semesters but this is impressive.

I assumed the poster listed classes from their entire senior year...if this is 1 semester and you can pull a 3.5+ GPA, dental schools should be begging for you.

Histology (5 cr.) --> 2 cr. lab
History (basic class) (3 cr.)
Theology 2 (3 cr.)
Military Science (2 cr.)
The Romantic Protest (3 cr.)

16 total.

Military Science should be 6 cr. That stuff is going to suck.

I assumed the poster listed classes from their entire senior year...if this is 1 semester and you can pull a 3.5+ GPA, dental schools should be begging for you.

Lol yeah I should have specified that those classes are for the entire year.. Plus a few gen-ed classes. No way I could take all of those in one sem and get anything higher than 2.0 GPA :D

Fall:
Recombinant DNA w/ lab (4)
Human Genetics (3)
Biotechnology (3)
Microbio w/ lab (4)
Biochem 3 (3 unit)

17 Unit.

Members don't see this ad :)
Biochem
microbio (virology)
Histology
Anatomy
Physiology
Micro-Econ
Stats
Orgo Lab

Koreano, is this just one semester of your senior year?! That seems like an inconceivable load to me...how many credits is that?

I am taking:

Evolution
Biochemistry w/ Lab
2nd semester Organic (Retake) got a 29 on ochem, but got a C+ first time taking
Macroecon
Spanish- Latin American Short Stories
for a total of 16 credits

I guess I can't complain scheduled an easy semester just because I knew I'd be flying out a lot.
13 Hours
General Biology Lab
Microbiology Lab
Psychopharmacology
Learning and Memory (Psychology Course)
Latin American Studies

0 credit hours here.

Haha, graduated 3 years ago. But, I think I took 12 credits my last semester. I usually had 14 or 15. Most I did was 16.

Ecology (4)
Intro to Psychology (3)
Entrepreneurship (3)
History Class (3)
Introductory to Music (3)
Internship (1)

Last edited:
14 here:

Entomology w/ lab (4)
Predental Orientation w/ lab (4)
Evolution and Physiology of Health (3)
Research (3)

I guess I can't complain scheduled an easy semester just because I knew I'd be flying out a lot.
13 Hours
General Biology Lab
Microbiology Lab
Psychopharmacology
Learning and Memory (Psychology Course)
Latin American Studies
Then I guess I wish I had either your stats or confidence haha.

This is not directed to you at all but this idea just seems so foreign to me as I am desperately still hoping for an interview: Lets just take 13 credits this semester, I'll be super busy with interviews this semester and definitely accepted to multiple schools by Dec 3rd haha.

Then I guess I wish I had either your stats or confidence haha.

This is not directed to you at all but this idea just seems so foreign to me as I am desperately still hoping for an interview: Lets just take 13 credits this semester, I'll be super busy with interviews this semester and definitely accepted to multiple schools by Dec 3rd haha.

Well, I've been taking 15-17 hours each semester and I don't have anything left to take really. I've taken summer school every summer since I was 17 and although my stats are not the best I was pretty sure that taking 17 hours as opposed to 13 hours wouldn't effect my GPA. I doubt I'll be accepted to multiple schools Dec. 3rd but I am blessed to have some interviews. I mean I've always hoped for the best and I always plan ahead so instead of thinking I was only going to get 1 interview I set my standards a little higher. Sorry if I came off cocky, I guess I was just being overly optimistic and I'd be happy to even hear back from one of the schools I'm interviewing at Dec. 3rd.

Well, I've been taking 15-17 hours each semester and I don't have anything left to take really. I've taken summer school every summer since I was 17 and although my stats are not the best I was pretty sure that taking 17 hours as opposed to 13 hours wouldn't effect my GPA. I doubt I'll be accepted to multiple schools Dec. 3rd but I am blessed to have some interviews. I mean I've always hoped for the best and I always plan ahead so instead of thinking I was only going to get 1 interview I set my standards a little higher. Sorry if I came off cocky, I guess I was just being overly optimistic and I'd be happy to even hear back from one of the schools I'm interviewing at Dec. 3rd.
I never said you were being overly confident, I'm sure that you have great stats and your confidence is merited. I just can't say that I am in the same situation haha.

All I can hope for is that upward trends over the past two years can convince DS that I am capable of succeeding in the classroom...I'd really hate to have to go back for even more school before DS

SO for this quarter:
Molecular Genetics-4 cr.
Evolution-4cr.
Philosophy-4cr.
Biochemistry TA-2cr.

Not sure for rest of year but do have to finish physics labs as well as one more English class. The rest will probably be random science classes to satisfy my major requirement!

I find myself really not caring anymore now that my application has been submitted. Not a good thing but anyone else feeling less than motivated in their classes?

Cell & Molecular Bio II
Cell & Molec Lab
Biochem
Intermediate Microecon Theory
Economics of Risk & Uncertainty
Research
And to top it all off, 20 hours of work each week.

I love this semester so far, but I'm prob going to take only 4 classes in my last semester.

I'm taking on a part time job and traveling for interviews and taking vacations lol.