senioritis carry over ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jdandturk

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the july MCAT and have basically not studied a word since then. right now i am just taking easy graduation reqs (Sociology ect.). is anyone else worried about senioritis continuing into first year med school?

Members don't see this ad.

That's one of the reasons I wanted to take a year off :p

I'm sure it'll catch up to me at some point, but at least I've had a bit of a break to make it easier (maybe...) to come back to school.

Totally carried over for me. My advice: this summer, sit on your ***** and do nothing! I worked all summer and though I enjoyed what I did, once wanted to do nothing and my coursework took a huge hit.

Members don't see this ad :)
i am sitting on my ass and doing nothing now. my worry is maybe THAT will carry over to med school

I can imagine I would be scared if I acted lazy from the start, but that's just me.

I'm extremely lazy right now, but only b/c I know that I don't have to get As b/c they dont matter anymore. Ive realized that I can have a lot more fun and do a lot less work. That being said, its all situational. The only reason I' doing that is b/c i know I'll NEVER be able to do it again. I can have senioritis, but I'm smart about it. I know that when med school starts Ive gotta switch it on again, its not a game anymore and what I do and howI study DOES matter.

I'm not trying hard at school right now, but I'm still keeping myself really busy with work. So in some way I'm not being completely lazy, once work goes bye-bye over the summer then I'll just have med school to concentrate on.

I was feeling the exact same way until, out of curiosity, i picked up an anatomy book and I seriously can't put it down. youll get excited about it!:) Medicine is so cool