Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

senioritis carry over ?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by jdandturk, Dec 15, 2008.

1. jdandturk

Removed

Pre-Medical
    I took the july MCAT and have basically not studied a word since then. right now i am just taking easy graduation reqs (Sociology ect.). is anyone else worried about senioritis continuing into first year med school?

2. silverhorse84

5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    That's one of the reasons I wanted to take a year off :p

I'm sure it'll catch up to me at some point, but at least I've had a bit of a break to make it easier (maybe...) to come back to school.

3. shiftingmirage

10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Totally carried over for me. My advice: this summer, sit on your ***** and do nothing! I worked all summer and though I enjoyed what I did, once wanted to do nothing and my coursework took a huge hit.

4. jdandturk

Removed

Pre-Medical
    i am sitting on my ass and doing nothing now. my worry is maybe THAT will carry over to med school

5. TehDoc

TehDoc What a pain...
    2+ Year Member

I can imagine I would be scared if I acted lazy from the start, but that's just me.

6. RySerr21

RySerr21 i aint kinda hot Im sauna
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    I'm extremely lazy right now, but only b/c I know that I don't have to get As b/c they dont matter anymore. Ive realized that I can have a lot more fun and do a lot less work. That being said, its all situational. The only reason I' doing that is b/c i know I'll NEVER be able to do it again. I can have senioritis, but I'm smart about it. I know that when med school starts Ive gotta switch it on again, its not a game anymore and what I do and howI study DOES matter.

7. DrYoda

DrYoda Space Cowboy
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I'm not trying hard at school right now, but I'm still keeping myself really busy with work. So in some way I'm not being completely lazy, once work goes bye-bye over the summer then I'll just have med school to concentrate on.

8. veaselhaufen

5+ Year Member

Non-Student
    I was feeling the exact same way until, out of curiosity, i picked up an anatomy book and I seriously can't put it down. youll get excited about it!:) Medicine is so cool