Senioritis!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aar239

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is any1 else gettin a big case of senioritis? I can barely get the motivation to get up in the morning..forget about studying! :oops:
Does any1 know what grades med schools mean when they say u need "satisfactory work" your last semester. I figure if I get all B's I'll be aight.

Members don't see this ad.

I think you really just have to pass. Anyhow, its not like you're gonna get all C's unless u just give up. yeah, I have such horrible senioritis as well!

oie, i know exactly what you mean. i have no motivation at all to do any work. as for "satisfactory work", i know that for some schools they specifically say that you need to have at least a c in all classes. im not sure if its the same for every school, but im guessing that passing is a pretty standard.

Members don't see this ad :)
i was thinking of calling the schools i have it narrowed down to and asking if i'd be okay to drop a class and change one to p/f. the deadline for that at my school is past, though, so i don't think that's going to work anyway. but yeah, i can barely get myself to sit through class, let alone turn in problem sets and outlines and lab reports and whatever else. i've decided that this is okay, though, because this is the last time in life i'll be able to act irresponsibly.

Yes, I'm in the same boat. I have two tests next week; and for one class, I haven't even opened the book yet. On top of that, I should be studying right now, but instead, I find myself reading and writing posts on this website. I've been putting off work ever since school started and telling myself that homework is overrated. LOL. :laugh:

j48seconds said:
Yes, I'm on the same boat. I have two tests next week and for one class I haven't even opened the book yet. On top of that, I should be studying right now but instead I find myself reading and writing posts on this website. I've been putting off work ever since school started and telling myself that homework is overrated. LOL.

Ditto! I am right there with you. I have a midterm tomorrow and I should be studying but rather I am on SDN !!

DoctorMalki said:
Ditto! I am right there with you. I have a midterm tomorrow and I should be studying but rather I am on SDN !!
I see we have the same philosophy.

I'm glad I'm not the only one, OP! It's even easier to blow off your classes when you're taking Yoga and Aerobics. I'm also taking Spanish and med ethics. I feel so lazy, but I would be kind of embarrassed to know that I got a B in yoga or aerobics, so I just go instead of sleeping in.

This is going to be the longest semester of our lives!!

Good luck! :luck:

SFAJess said:
I'm glad I'm not the only one, OP! It's even easier to blow off your classes when you're taking Yoga and Aerobics. I'm also taking Spanish and med ethics. I feel so lazy, but I would be kind of embarrassed to know that I got a B in yoga or aerobics, so I just go instead of sleeping in.

This is going to be the longest semester of our lives!!

Good luck! :luck:

hey don't knock those ESS classes. stretching and golf are two of my more challenging courses right now, and they are helping me meet that pesky 12 credit minimum. life is rough. :thumbup:

I haven't even been accepted yet and I'm finding it hard to find the motivation to study. :sleep: I'd rather look at SDN all day. This site is like crack for me!

I got an acceptance letter a week before the semester started and I dropped two classes and picked up a pointless one to stay full time. It's wonderful but hopefully I get some drive and remember how to study when next fall comes around. I'm having a hard time motivating myself to do anything right now.
Is anyone working this summer? I'm considering taking off but I could use some extra cash...then again I might as well just let the debt grow, it's going to be huge anyway.

at least you guys have already gotten in! Try being a senior who has yet to apply...senioritis affects us too

MY solution is to bury myself under a bunch of new activities. I know I'll end up dropping some when my work load gets too stiff, but for now, I feel like a freshman again :D

I took the 5 year route... this last semster I am just doing reasearch, and work. M-Thursday, I sleep in till like 11, go to lab whenever I feel like it, hit the gym while waiting for stuff to happen...

but my senioritis hit last year :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I hear you on the senioritis. I'm tempted to say C=degree but I won't because it could come back to haunt me. I think as long as you pass your classes you should be fine, but I have heard of acceptances being withdrawn because of bad grades so definately don't make D's.

Not so much senioritis here as much as I have a lack of motivation to get back into studying since I graduated from university 3 years ago and haven't studied since.
Motivate me!!

i've got an acute case.

i did early decision and have known since october 1st... i've spent way more time in the bar than in the library this year.

at our interviews, the dean of admissions said that if we got accepted, we just needed "to not get any D's or F's" to keep our spot. she also said that last year, there was a guy who got in early decision, and then got a "D" in a course he needed to graduate. They let him retake it over the summer and keep his admission.

So if any of you are ever in Kansas, PM me. We'll go drinking.

mmmmm... beer.
I've never been to Kansas, but if you're ever in canada...

I have a case of horrible senioritis further complicated by laryngitis.

And I have finals in a few days. :scared: :scared: :scared:

Finals in a few days?? :confused:

My senioritis is so bad that I didn't go to my classes today....any of them....and I'm pretty sure I had a quiz or something in one of them.

BTW, Malcolm X went to Mich. State :D

Tra La La said:
I have a case of horrible senioritis further complicated by laryngitis.

And I have finals in a few days. :scared: :scared: :scared:

Are there any antibiotics for senioritis...I better get over this before next fall.

How about junioritis, I can't seem to be motivated to do much of anything anymore.

AStudent said:
Finals in a few days?? :confused:

My senioritis is so bad that I didn't go to my classes today....any of them....and I'm pretty sure I had a quiz or something in one of them.

BTW, Malcolm X went to Mich. State :D

Yeah--my finals start on Saturday.

Did Malcolm X even go to college? That's an interesting tidbit...thanks!

As many of us seniors head into our last months of college, who else is feeling the surge of senioritis?

I cant afford to have Senioritis. I'm one of those "rising GPA" students, so if I drop off now, then things get a little dicey for me.

Only two and a half weeks of undergrad left!!!

i have senioritis so bad i haveto force myself to be on this site..since it tends to be full of randomly fruitfull matters

why dont you all talk about how soft puppies are or how they get the fillings into twinkies..maybe then i wouldnt haveto drag myself over for my once a week dose (i do that to make my self believe i am researching my future life = productive girl...gooood girl)

i cant do anything....i think the senioritis is advancing to a very late stage...irreversible.... :eek:

This is AWFUL.... I do nothingggggggggg

rugirlie said:
This is AWFUL.... I do nothingggggggggg
you post on SDN....oh wait, nevermind.

senioritis = i haven't been to philosophy 140 for exactly 1 month.

I have been to statistics exactly 3 times this semester (1 of those was to take a test). I can't seem to find the motivation to study. I've never been happy with anything less than an A, but I find myself doing the calculations for "what do I need on this final to get a C?" (My acceptance just says you have to get no grades worse than a C). Ohhhh mediocrity. So beautiful.

I've got it bad too, but unfortunately for me, I decided to take a 300 level medical history course that I need as a gen-ed to graduate... I think its one of those 'effort' classes, where if you don't do anything, you will fail. Yeah, I'm getting a D in it right now. So senioritis has turned into - schizo-graduatitis. I'm going crazy here!! +pissed+

I have senioritis quite badly. I shouldn't considering I'm reapplying, but I do. I have a quiz in Virology this afternoon that I haven't studied for at all. And I don't give a rat's butt! Is this a bad thing?