@:^| Senioritis...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

armorshell

One Man Freak Show
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So who else is feeling the cold grip of senioritis? Knowing that I'm already in is making it really hard to focus in on my random classes I need to get my degree. Should I care so much? Should I have skipped class last friday to drive to a haunted stairway in Spokane? Should I miss biochem to watch the ENTIRE season of a crappy sci-fi original show with my roommates?

Check in here for all those who are feeling the burn!

Members don't see this ad.

i think i've went to a grand total of 4 days of school this quarter

it's bad...real bad

I knows it. The senioritis has me. :cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
Count me in... I've never been this bad. I just wing it now! Call me
last minute Bob:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I have senioritis as a first year grad student. I already have my degree and the rest of these classes are just supplemental, so I can just cruise through. Yet, for some odd reason I was up early today studying hardcore for a toxicology midterm. Maybe I don't have that bad of a bug just yet......

What is senioritis, is a symptom checking SDN while in class. If it is I have it bad.

I got it bad too. I am doing better since I bombed my first physics test and realized that if I don't pass I can say goodbye to d-school.

I didn't have senioritis in my last semester of college. I actually worked my ass off harder than ever before, skipped spring break to study for midterms, etc...

yeah...I'm saving some time for myself to chill, but for some reason I still have that competitive nature to study hard when the tests come around...:confused::confused::confused:

Its rather hard to focus on classes now. I'm finishing up my masters and I already have my BS complete with all my pre-reqs done. So its really killing me to get through them with at least a B in both. Oh well, only 2 months left!

yes i have senioritis. not studying much at all, still attending all lectures though. suprisingly im doing okay without really studying. ig uess allt hat studying i used to do was a waste of time :D

oh its bad REALLY bad. and its not even the classes i have to take to finish my major but even work. the only thing that is making me care just a tiny bit is that fact i have to pass to keep my spot.

Members don't see this ad :)
yes i have senioritis. not studying much at all, still attending all lectures though. suprisingly im doing okay without really studying. ig uess allt hat studying i used to do was a waste of time :D

I know I am getting all A's and don't study until the night before, I have however been reading alot for my Thesis.

Done with school.

Now, getting me to do anything productive at work is a different story.

@:^|

nice weave.

Hmmm. . .senioritis. . . it's all in the head. heh.

Im trying to Ace the first few exams so that i can coast the rest of the way through..

Maybe i can convince a professor or two to allow me to skip finals and just give me the B's that i need if i manhandle the midterms?

"C's get degrees" does that include DMD's?

I am burnt out hardcore, I just aced my biochem exam and it feels like I wasted my week studying for it. Now I am going to coast the rest of the way.

Now I just feel like cramming all the boarding in that I can before the snow goes away.

Blidtz, I feel ya on the competitive aspect. I can't stand others doing better than me. We will see how the next few weeks go. :laugh:

I feel you guys on the competition. It irks me to see pre-nursing students doing better then me on anatomy tests, even though we both got A's and they've been studying all week and I showed up half and hour late and drunk to the exam.

Well, I might be exaggerating a little bit but you get what I'm saying...

I know what you mean armor, not studying for a week is the equivalent to being drunk for us nerdy mormons. :laugh: It is so fun and so addicting.

The past three days I have been my senioritis has been in remission. I have 4 tests this week and have actualy studied for them. Yes I am being self congratulatory. I was getting worried, I thought I forgot how to actualy study. Good thing I won't have to study much next year. :p

Ive had senioritis since freshman year of high school:smuggrin: My sister just got into one of those combined BS/DDS programs and decided to not go to school the rest of the week and only go to enough classes till graduation to get b's...high school was so much fun:cool:

i got a 65 on a religion test. it was awesome. i didn't even care. today i have a literature test i haven't studied for. good times! in my school Ds get degrees :), i called yesterday to make sure hah

I stopped caring a while ago... the funny thing is I still don't know if I got in anywhere for this fall!

For those of you in the midwest or any colder state, just wait til the weather breaks.

Once it was warm enough for shorts and tee's, we never went to class. Just sat outside, grilled and drank all day/night, played with the slip and slide, and "harassed" anyone who was walking to or from class. I'm glad I made it out of college with a decent enough GPA, because the last year and a half seemed to be one continous weekend/party...except for tuesday nights because I didn't think those were too fun. Oh how I miss the zero responsibilities of college life...

Has anyone recaught this recurring issue, yet?

4th year is a crap show for me... definitely senioritis.
im underloading this term, and still struggling to do things. My thesis is definately NOT happening.. I'm so screwed.

all i want is outttttt

i don't have senioritis. I spend my days watching the entire 4-5 seasons of lost... boston legal... now im onto desperate housewives....

I think I remember one biochem class I went to? I go to microbio labs twice a week....:sleep:

I suppose going out drinking for 4-5 days a week isn't too healthy either...:smack:

Talk about slacker!! I'm somehow doing fine though...... it finally caught up to me today.. i have a paper due tomorrow... and biochem test wed.... should be a fun two nights!

Somehow I'm doing better than ever in all my classes... WEIRD!

i have senioritis big time. thats why i'm writing this post instead of studying for my test that is wednesday. i just want a december 1st acceptance so i can start caring even less! haha

i don't have senioritis. I spend my days watching the entire 4-5 seasons of lost... boston legal... now im onto desperate housewives....

I think I remember one biochem class I went to? I go to microbio labs twice a week....:sleep:

I suppose going out drinking for 4-5 days a week isn't too healthy either...:smack:

Talk about slacker!! I'm somehow doing fine though...... it finally caught up to me today.. i have a paper due tomorrow... and biochem test wed.... should be a fun two nights!

Somehow I'm doing better than ever in all my classes... WEIRD!

That made me laugh :laugh:

say we get accepted in dec and get a C or two because of effin senioritis. will the dental school that has accepted us change their mind??

say we get accepted in dec and get a C or two because of effin senioritis. will the dental school that has accepted us change their mind??

I'm sure they would like us to think that, so we don't do poorly in school and pull down their accepted class GPA. But I'd be surprised to see if they actually enforced this when push came to shove.

My gpa wont be available until Mid December. Do schools hold on to their decision and wait for the fall semester grades? And is it required that we really update the AADSAS if its not asked by any school?

My gpa wont be available until Mid December. Do schools hold on to their decision and wait for the fall semester grades? And is it required that we really update the AADSAS if its not asked by any school?

I don't think it's mandatory to do the AADSAS academic update. I heard that it's "a chance" to update schools.

I don't think it's mandatory to do the AADSAS academic update. I heard that it's "a chance" to update schools.

I definitely dont want to update it. I wish they wont ask me to update it.

the cure for senioritis -- PSYCH CLASSES FOR THE NEXT TWO QUARTERS

..yeah i have it pretty bad too dang

Are you currently taking any psych class?

for sure haha. 3 psych classes this quarter (116, 119d, 120b you go to ucla right), 2 next quarter, 2 spring quarter. thank you psychobio

Man I don't even know if I got in anywhere yet and I've been such a bum this semester- lots of Warcraft III :)

be carefull with slacking since schools would want you to send to them your final transcripts :)

for sure haha. 3 psych classes this quarter (116, 119d, 120b you go to ucla right), 2 next quarter, 2 spring quarter. thank you psychobio

haha i'm in two you your psych class 119d and 120b lol

I feel you guys on the competition. It irks me to see pre-nursing students doing better then me on anatomy tests, even though we both got A's and they've been studying all week and I showed up half and hour late and drunk to the exam.

Lol!

Hey lets not put down pre-nursing students because of their choice of profession. Assuming they should do worse is sortof like saying we should do worse than someone aspiring to get their MD. To each their own.

school sucks i havent studied at all after the dat this summer. senioritis baadddd

school sucks i havent studied at all after the dat this summer. senioritis baadddd

lol... you are studying for the DAT 8 months before the fact? if you care/attempt/think you can study this far in advance, you do not have senioritis.

Yea, senioritis has slowly snuck up on me. Unfortunately I still have Biochem to take in the spring, and an internship to do, so not too much slacking for me!