Sent the wrong PS to a program...now what?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drbon

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My husband accidently sent his EM personal statement to an EM-IM program. When he realized it and tried to change it to his EM-IM PS, the program had already downloaded the EM one....should he just forget about that program or is there something he can do??

Members don't see this ad.

deassign it now and change it before the program downloads it. he just needs to change the checks...it's a sunday so shouldnt get downloaded that fast

no the program already downloaded it.....

aprogdirector mentioned this a few times in various threads - you can change the letter (reassign a new copy) and they will only see the most recent version (unless they already saved it / printed it).

aprogdirector mentioned this a few times in various threads - you can change the letter (reassign a new copy) and they will only see the most recent version (unless they already saved it / printed it).

right- no big deal if they already downloaded, the new replacement one will automatically show up next time for them....might want to just email the administrative staff to ensure they didn't print out an old copy, but other than that, it shouldn't be a problem

yeah, that unless part was what i was thinking about when i advised to change it asap. But yeah, i don't think it would be that much of a biggie. Em vs EM-IM is pretty much same boat anyhow not like GS vs IM vs Psych. good luck!

thanks everyone! phew, i feel better...i don't know what my husband would do without me ;)