Separation Reimbursement for USN

Started by Legos
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Legos

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Greetings,

I recently separated from the USN (31JUL2019) after completing my HPSP obligation and had the military fully move my household goods to my new civilian location while my family and I drove our POV.

My question is -- Who do I submit to for separation travel reimbursement? My last command's Manpower/Personnel Department frankly seemed incompetent in many ways and when I asked this question I would get conflicting answers. Someone even directed me to the local VA wherever I settled but this makes no sense to me. Others suggested DFAS but their site notes they only assist the US Army and to see my local command finance.

Any help from others who have recently gone through this process would be appreciated.