Sepsis at your hospital

Started by Nano1971
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Nano1971

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interestingly enough watched a recent debate about.. Novel Sepsis treatment using a combo meds (Vit C,Thiamine,Steriod)..by one of the Dr who had been practicing for more than 20 years..still some skeptism among medical professions!!!!.. lets wait and see how this breakthrough will unfold..all..are welcomed for thier input......
 
Say what? I have never heard such a thing, do you have a link? My gut reaction, this sounds like something Dr Oz came up with....
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I recall reading an article a couple of years ago about IV Ascorbic Acid (Vit C) treatment in sepsis. I don't recall all of the details, but basically the article stated they gave IV vit C to randomly selected sepsis patients in addition to normal practice procedures vs just normal practice procedures with improved survival rates for the IV Vit C patients. I think it has some potential, but really needs larger studies to make sure the benefits are real. The topic came up after a doctor at one of my institutions ordered it for a severely ill septic patient, however, I do not recall seeing it used again since.
 
Eh, it's one of those things they can do it if they want. Banana bags also don't need to be ordered for everyone in the ER but it's still done.