Sept 7 PCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kys

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I just wanted to share my PCAT score and give advice to future test takers.

BIO 447 96%
CHEM 449 96%
CR 402 61% (RIP)
QR 423 85%
Composite 430 93%

BIO - The most straightforward section of the exam. If you know the information, you'll know the answers. Just know all of the materials and you'll be good to go.

CHEM- A LOT of bonding questions and amino acids and you can easily solve some questions without reading the passage. I did spot 1-2 tricky questions, but other than that it's very straightforward.

CR - Out of 6 passages, 2 of the passages and the set of questions were the same as July PCAT. Not much to comment on this section because you can't improve greatly over a short period of time. Just read the questions first and then the passage. I thought about retaking it because of the reading score, but it's unlikely that I'll retake it.

QR- Idk how I feel about math because I ended up running out of time and guessed 11 questions. Just pace your time on the section, and expect calculus and vector questions no matter what.

I did not take A&P, organic chemistry, biochem, or microbiology yet and just studied them myself. I dedicated the whole summer studying 5-6 hours everyday with dr collins, kaplan, pearson practice tests and it turns out you can get above 90% without taking the courses. So, I would like to encourage some people out there who think that they can't pull the score up.

I would say dr collins is really useful.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
Hey, I just wanted to share my PCAT score and give advice to future test takers.

BIO 447 96%
CHEM 449 96%
CR 402 61% (RIP)
QR 423 85%
Composite 430 93%

BIO - The most straightforward section of the exam. If you know the information, you'll know the answers. Just know all of the materials and you'll be good to go.

CHEM- A LOT of bonding questions and amino acids and you can easily solve some questions without reading the passage. I did spot 1-2 tricky questions, but other than that it's very straightforward.

CR - Out of 6 passages, 2 of the passages and the set of questions were the same as July PCAT. Not much to comment on this section because you can't improve greatly over a short period of time. Just read the questions first and then the passage. I thought about retaking it because of the reading score, but it's unlikely that I'll retake it.

QR- Idk how I feel about math because I ended up running out of time and guessed 11 questions. Just pace your time on the section, and expect calculus and vector questions no matter what.

I did not take A&P, organic chemistry, biochem, or microbiology yet and just studied them myself. I dedicated the whole summer studying 5-6 hours everyday with dr collins, kaplan, pearson practice tests and it turns out you can get above 90% without taking the courses. So, I would like to encourage some people out there who think that they can't pull the score up.

Last but not least, I do have used dr.collin's and if someone wants it for free (you just need to pay the shipping fee -- but I expect shipping fee will cost a lot because it's hella heavy and lots of papers). The only downside is that there are obviously marks, and scribbles on every set of question. Tbh, I've seen some of the same questions and even passages on the actual PCAT that was also on dr collins. So, I would say dr collins is really useful.

Heyy, That’s such a good score.
i’m planning to take october-november pcat and i’m struggling with completing them on time! like i know alot of questions but i’m running out of time.

Last edited by a moderator:

BIO 447 96%
CHEM 449 96%
CR 402 61% (RIP)
QR 423 85%
Composite 430 93%

Last but not least, I do have used dr.collin's and if someone wants it for free (you just need to pay the shipping fee -- but I expect shipping fee will cost a lot because it's hella heavy and lots of papers). The only downside is that there are obviously marks, and scribbles on every set of question. Tbh, I've seen some of the same questions and even passages on the actual PCAT that was also on dr collins. So, I would say dr collins is really useful.

BIO 447 96%
CHEM 449 96%
CR 402 61% (RIP)
QR 423 85%
Composite 430 93%

What year of dr Collins do you have? I have the 2016 version but I'm also using Kaplan. Do you think dr Collins 2016 is ok to use? I will take my pcat on January 3rd 2019.

Members don't see this ad :)
What year of dr Collins do you have? I have the 2016 version but I'm also using Kaplan. Do you think dr Collins 2016 is ok to use? I will take my pcat on January 3rd 2019.

Yes 2016 Collins is enough to do well. I used Kaplan's as well as 2016 collins and got a 97 composite.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi I am new here and using Dr Collins 2017. I intend to take the pcat Nov and I feel overwhelmed. I study to understand and I was wondering if at this point I should memorize Dr Collins.
Thanks in advance.

Hi I am new here and using Dr Collins 2017. I intend to take the pcat Nov and I feel overwhelmed. I study to understand and I was wondering if at this point I should memorize Dr Collins.
Thanks in advance.

Do not memorize Collins at all. Use it as a study guide to gauge your knowledge and test your understanding. Memorization will be more useful for the Kaplan book.