September MCAT in California all full?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LakersInSix

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is the MCAT offered in September (the 11th, 10th test dates) for California residents? I'm trying to signup but California isn't an option for those dates. I am wondering if the exam is just completely booked or if it's not even offered. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Ah :( Guess I gotta take the exam 5 hours away!

Anyone know if there's a good chance I can snag a spot close if I check for a seat a couple times a day?

Keep checking 2-3 weeks before the date. A lot of people get cold feet a few weeks before and drop out. I'm sure you'll find a spot if you check diligently. Or be like me and drive from LA to the bay area to get owned by a test. :lame:

Members don't see this ad :)
Keep checking 2-3 weeks before the date. A lot of people get cold feet a few weeks before and drop out. I'm sure you'll find a spot if you check diligently. Or be like me and drive from LA to the bay area to get owned by a test. :lame:

Haha will do. I'd probably prefer the bay area than taking the 10 E to get to hot-as-hell Arizona. I'm surprised you didn't find a seat closer to home the last few weeks btw!

About a month ago one of my friends checked for sep 11, she said all the test centers were full. Today I talked to a different friend, who just last week landed a spot in Anaheim...I'd say keep trying

to avoid the same thing from happening to me in September 2013, i read the following website for this year:

https://www.aamc.org/students/applying/mcat/reserving/261800/deadlineandscorerelease.html

i'm wondering when they will post it for next year. does anyone know when this page was posted this year? it looks like registration for this year's september dates opened february 15th of this year. i just don't want to get stuck traveling too far, or worse not have a spot after all that studying =\

to avoid the same thing from happening to me in September 2013, i read the following website for this year:

https://www.aamc.org/students/applying/mcat/reserving/261800/deadlineandscorerelease.html

i'm wondering when they will post it for next year. does anyone know when this page was posted this year? it looks like registration for this year's september dates opened february 15th of this year. i just don't want to get stuck traveling too far, or worse not have a spot after all that studying =\

I signed up February 24th (for the sept test). When I was signing up, every single city where it was offered near me was wide open. Don't trip

Haha will do. I'd probably prefer the bay area than taking the 10 E to get to hot-as-hell Arizona. I'm surprised you didn't find a seat closer to home the last few weeks btw!

hey man i happen to live in this place called hell. yea no but really its like 110 every day.

Pretty much everyone books for desired MCAT dates many months in advance, so you're out of luck and will have to do the "refresh page every 5 seconds 24/7 and pray for luck" routine.

I got burned in May when I tried to register and found that everything in my city (Montreal) was booked from May all the way to September, except a single person withdrew from May 31 test date, lucky me, I pounced on that.

Just bookmark the aamc website and check whenever you are free. Something will open up. I swapped my August 17th date to September 7th in Cali just a week ago. Everything was full but I kept refreshing and a perfect spot opened up.