Serious injury caused by a chiropractor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marleychiro

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Went to the ER for the nausea from upper neck adj
http://chirotalk.proboards3.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=victims&thread=1163577104&page=1

This is from someone who trusted a chiro with their health. It looks like he will be crippled for the rest of his life. Please make these bozos accountable for what they are doing to the public.

The guest on our website talks about the frustration he has gone through to repair his health and bring the chiro to justice. He even started his own website where he shows his MRI or CAT scans.

http://www.gmweb1.net/

Thank you

Hi Marley,

The problem is letting the public know - before the Chiropractors get at them.

If we name the bad DCs we could be sued.
If we give out medical reports we could affect our own future treatment.

So I am going to put up my scans without hospital/doctor/report details so that all Medical professionals might have an idea of what to look for when it comes to helping victims of this vicious treatment.

For instance. The top image shows how neck 'treatment' caused me to have floaters, a left eye that would move by itself and give me double or vibrating vision, also toothache where I do not have teeth, etc.

According to the DC I had suffered a normal reaction that was nothing to worry about as he treated me for the spasmed neck muscles. He was trying to click my neck, only the muscles were tight, so he pulled stronger and stronger until the last time he gave an almighty tug and I heard crunching and tearing noises.

It had been my skull that gave way against my fit but spasmed muscles.
(Fit being past tense. I exercised every day but can't since.)

Maybe those who are fit are more likely to be injured when their strong muscles are spasmed ???

So now my pharyngeal muscles pull on left cranial nerves, and even left eye movements can stun me deep inside my head, though not as badly now because I have had to retrain/relearn to prevent myself from having automatic balancing or stress reactions that pull certain muscles.

And the cause of my burning earaches can be seen in the fourth scan.

Pains and nausea were bad enough, but worst of all was the inability to rest due to a body stress so bad that a weighing scales pointer became unreadable due to it pulsating with my heartbeat.

But hey. I'm still here, though typing this with just my right hand, because using the left causes in-head pains and left ear-ache.

And I have enough (donated) server capacity available to put up radiology files for anyone else who might wish to contribute to building a Chiropractic Injury reference site.

Scans and x-rays are actually very easy to photograph with the more recent digital cameras.

Well I'm only just starting out on this journey, so let's see what good this keyboard and
http://www.gmweb1.net/ can do !

Members don't see this ad.

Hi All,

Although my Uni/student days are long past, I have signed up to this Forum because there is an aspect of neurology that appears to exclude some (insured) patients who are genuinely in urgent need of neurology treatment.

I have become distracted from adding any more images from my own scans at
http://gmweb1.net/My%20Scans/Documents/All Initial Scans.htm

due to my concerns for a 30yr old female injured the same as myself
http://gmweb1.net/Victims/Victim1.htm

and yet she has been unable to get treatment for truly awful injuries causing her multiple severe pains, nausea, nystagmus, severe endocrine deficiency, eyesight and hearing problems, severe systemic debilitation and inability to concentrate.

I know exactly what stresses she is going through, and having to move about with increased intracranial pressure on top of all the other symptoms is an absolutely horrendous burden.

Her neurologist quite correctly requested a brain scan, esp. of her brainstem and posterior fossa, with a possible history of unspecified cerebral artery occlusion.
The radiologist appears to have correctly reported her brain and intracranial vessels etc as being normal.

Since this report has been furnished to her neurologist, and thence to all other medical personnel, she has been unable to obtain appropriate treatment for the very serious conditions her scan images do actually show.

There is a very serious problem here within neurology itself, because the radiologist does not have a personal understanding of the patient's problems and the cause of injury (powerful oblique chiropractic head impact), and yet the doctors themselves cannot see, and indeed are most unlikely to be qualified to act upon, whatever other injuries the scan might reveal.

So this young lady has been seen by neurology, opthalmic, ENT, stomach, gynecologist, DOs, even acupuncture was suggested, and she has been given a neck MRI, parotid scan and been prescribed all sorts of medications,
yet the real reasons for her continuing deteriorations have 'apparently' been reported as being 'normal'.

This is something that I would encourage you new generation of students to get your heads around, so that those who are in genuine need of treatment are not left to deteriorate whilst being passed from pillar to post.

Those who can read these scans will appreciate just how serious can be the effects of cranial fracturing (held in place by internal soft tissues) and internal bleeding around the hypothalmus, also carotid artery occlusion; so given that this scan was taken in a US hospital less than two months ago, and that this young lady lies suffering in bed unless attending for medical appointments, can anyone please suggest a solution or route whereby she might attain genuinely necessary treatment.

Although I live in the UK I could pass on any suggestions from this thread, or privately via 'Contacts' on the above website.

Thanking you all in advance....... Graham Maynard.

I am amazed at how high and mighty we in the medical profession are. People are bashing chiropractors on the forum non-stop, but I have never (in my admittedly limited experience) seen a dissection from an adjustment, or any other major problems from chiro adjustments or osteo manipulations. And I have seen people really helped by them.

If everyone who ever had an adverse outcome after seeing a Neurologist posted it online, and bashed Neurologists, we'd be in trouble. From the relatively benign -- headaches from LPs and confusion from antiepileptics -- to the serious -- epidural hematomas from LPs and Stevens Johnson Syndrome from antiepileptics -- there are adverse outcomes all the time.

Now, I know you might say that we are better because of some randomized control trial that says what we do works, but is that really true? What does an RTC actually tell you? That something will or won't work for a patient? NO. It tells you the number of people in a group that it worked for compared to something else, and by extension, the chances it will work if your patient is exactly like the average person in that trial.

If I have a patient, and I tell them that I have not seen a patient get better from what they have in less than a year, and in 5 months, they come back to me, after having seen a chiro 4 times, and feel 100% better, what am I going to tell them?

Okay, I know there are cases out there of things going awry during an adjustment, but PUT IT IN PERSPECTIVE! We are not so great ourselves.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh here we go bashing chiropractors again. Let me summarize

post 1: chiropractic bash
post 2: chiropractor defends
post 3: some idiot that thinks he knows what he is talking about quotes articles he never read

And then we all whip out our phalluses and have a prolonged pissing match.

I agree

MODS, please shut down this ship before it sinks

Please note that I personally do not bash chiro within this thread !

Indeed, I am maintaining a very respectful and straightforward manner.

I have provided two links to neuro-radiology imagery of rare injury that is seldom reported, and which can consequentially have a devastating effect upon the life of any patient struggling through same.

Closing this thread would be like the closing of medical eyes.

I'm closing this thread because it's clearly only posted with the intent to start bashing chiros.

Status
Not open for further replies.