1. SDN Mobile is now free on iTunes and on the Google Play Store. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice

Seriously - Where ARE the jobs, and why all Recruiters?

Discussion in 'Emergency Medicine' started by bulgethetwine, Apr 26, 2007.

1. bulgethetwine

bulgethetwine Membership Revoked
    Removed 10+ Year Member

For all I hear about the EM specialty being lucrative with jobs and opportunities, blah blah blah I sure am disappointed at the number of jobs available -- and it seems like the vast majority of jobs are recruiters! Don't private groups recruit anymore themselves? Don't f*^%ing hospitals? I haven't found too many appetizing offers and opportunities in big metro centers... they all want to stick us in sub-Level II positions in the rural sticks. Don't know about you, but I don't plan on de-skilling rapidly after residency.

2. FoughtFyr

FoughtFyr SDN Lifetime Donor
    Lifetime Donor Verified Account 15+ Year Member

Post Doc
    I had NO trouble finding work. Just put together a introduction letter and send it to the department chairs of places you'd like to work. The response I got from this approach, in both academic and non-academic settings, was great. No muss, no fuss - great job secured after a plethora of interviews and lots of offers!

Short answer - who cares who is advertising, most places are always hiring qualified folks!

- H

3. Apollyon

Apollyon Screw the GST
    Physician Lifetime Donor Verified Expert Verified Account 15+ Year Member

I'm deliriously happy with my job, and it - essentially - fell into my lap. Believe me - I didn't dig for it.

Chill, young grasshopper - the yellow brick road is right in front of you, and you're just about to trip right onto it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. SolidGold

SolidGold Florida winters are the best!
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I thought the best jobs were the ones that aren't advertised. Just because there are no ads doesn't mean there isn't a job opening. There are plenty of awesome jobs out there, you just have to be a little aggressive about it, from what I hear of course.

5. EctopicFetus

EctopicFetus Keeping it funky enough
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I know this was done some last yr but could the pgy-3/4s tell us where they got their jobs and roughly how much money / perks you got.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...