Sertraline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

i61164

Polar Bear, MD
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want to find out what strength this medication comes in. Everything I have found online says that you can take 50 mg QD up to 200 mg QD, but nowhere can I find out how many mg are in a single pill. I guess I could ask a pharmacist, but there must be an easy way for me to look up this kind of info myself. For example, if someone is going to take 150 mg QD, do they make a 150 mg pill, or does the patient have to break the 100 mg pills in half?

Members don't see this ad.

You're joking, right? PLEASE tell me you're joking and I just didn't get it! Oh, God, i hope that you're JOKING!!
If not, at least tell me that the MD after your username indicates your goal - and not a completed accomplishment.

Epocrates has all of this information including pill pictures.
25, 50 & 100 mg pills are all offered. Also liquid is available 20mg/ml.

Members don't see this ad :)
You're joking, right? PLEASE tell me you're joking and I just didn't get it! Oh, God, i hope that you're JOKING!!
If not, at least tell me that the MD after your username indicates your goal - and not a completed accomplishment.

Listen noob, if you think that my real name is Polar Bear, MD then the joke is on you.

meelu - Thanks for the info. I suspect that I will have access to Epocrates when I get up on the wards (and get my PDA). I just thought that I could get that info on the web and was surprized when my search didn't turn up anything.

Go to epocrates.com, sign up and you can get free PDA and internet access. The pay version is better but the free version is better than anything else out there by far!

Awesome. Thanks.

As much as I like & use both Epocrates & Lexi-drugs for mobile, hand held informational devices, as a pharmacist, if I need actual current information on availability only, I use FDA.gov if I have access to the internet.

It can be a bit intimidating to use, but once you use it once or twice, you can easily put your drug name in the search bar & then click on the current information. Altho your PDA versions might tell you what's available, it may not actually be able to tell you if there is a recall, manufacturing availability issue, new generic releases, etc...which the FDA site will do. That may be more than you want for your purposes though.

However, Lexi-drugs & Epocrates gives you the benefit of having the drug monograph, dosing info, drug interaction, etc.....all right there.