Setting up elective at academic center...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrWhozits

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Does anyone have any experience setting up an elective at a University system outside of VSAS? Hypothetically if I knew the physician (who is faculty at the university), but the school does not specifically offer an elective in his field, could I set up a preceptor type elective with him?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone,

Does anyone have any experience setting up an elective at a University system outside of VSAS? Hypothetically if I knew the physician (who is faculty at the university), but the school does not specifically offer an elective in his field, could I set up a preceptor type elective with him?
I haven't even started school yet, however I do remember reading in some literature that my school sent about similar situations. It said that the physician needed to contact the schools clinical education office and fill out paperwork. I am assuming it would be similar at your school? So, I guess that I would start with the clinical education office and see what they require.