Setting up Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Acupuncturist

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'm a bit late in the ball game. Since all of the away PM&R electives have been taken, I was fortunate enough to schedule a late elective (Nov 14 to Dec 13). My question is will this rotation be meaningless for me since they probably have all the interview schedule lined up by the time I'm starting this rotation? Do I still stand a chance of being interviewed by this particular Program?
I really want to be interviewed by this Program, can I even call them up and request an interview?

Sorry for sound very anxious, I just wish I had been exposed to PM&R earlier.

Thank you guys.

Members don't see this ad.

Acupuncturist said:
Hi everyone,
I'm a bit late in the ball game. Since all of the away PM&R electives have been taken, I was fortunate enough to schedule a late elective (Nov 14 to Dec 13). My question is will this rotation be meaningless for me since they probably have all the interview schedule lined up by the time I'm starting this rotation? Do I still stand a chance of being interviewed by this particular Program?
I really want to be interviewed by this Program, can I even call them up and request an interview?

Sorry for sound very anxious, I just wish I had been exposed to PM&R earlier.

Thank you guys.

The PM&R elective in November is late but the rotation will not be meaningless. That program will still look at you carefully as a possible candidate. Try calling the program to request an interview right after you complete the rotation. December is a prime month for interviews.

drvlad2004 said:
The PM&R elective in November is late but the rotation will not be meaningless. That program will still look at you carefully as a possible candidate. Try calling the program to request an interview right after you complete the rotation. December is a prime month for interviews.
Thank you Dr.Vlad
You've been very helpful, I'll be leaving for Nassau Med Ctr this weekend!! Thanks again for the information about housing, the NYCOM people rock!!! Very nice and friendly. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Acupuncturist said:
Thank you Dr.Vlad
You've been very helpful, I'll be leaving for Nassau Med Ctr this weekend!! Thanks again for the information about housing, the NYCOM people rock!!! Very nice and friendly. :)

You are very welcome. Unfortunately, you will not see me this year at NUMC. I start there next year along with 2 other NYCOM classmates. I am glad that you found housing in LI, which is not easy. They have good people working there and I am sure that they will teach you well. I think you will run into Dr. Rebecca Fishman over there. I believe their interventionalist is at South Nassau Community Hospital. So if you are interested in pain then try spending a little time there also. Good luck with the rotation!

If you have free time, you may also be able to contact some residents there or call the PD's office to schedule a day to visit the program and "pre-view" it. Perhaps you can even schedule an appointment with the PD to tell him/her yourself how interested you are in the program and ask a few questions about the program and PM&R as a whole.

If you know anyone at your school who knows faculty members, you may even be able to make contacts that way.

Just letting the PD know you are very interested in the program will help you stand out. Just know where the line is between being fake and butt kissing vs genuinely interested. :)