Several years out, what is pharmacy school like?

Started by m0lar
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

m0lar

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,
I'm a Teaching Assistant and interested in pre-med, however a former student of mine has asked me to write her a letter of recommendation for Pharmacy. I'm having a little trouble with one of the questions on PharmCAS since I really don't know anything about the pharmacy program [the 2nd question]..
.

.Letter of Reference – Comments Section...

  • .What are the applicant's primary strengths and weaknesses?.
  • .How might these affect the applicant's performance in a Pharm.D degree program and future career in pharmacy?.

So I was wondering ... what kind of specific character traits stand out in the Pharm.D degree program? Does it involve a lot of teamwork... a lot of communication skills, patience, etc.

Thank you.
-m0lar
 
Time management - lots of classes, lots of expectations, lots of pressure

Love of learning - you can get through without this, but it doesn't hurt

Team player - ability to work with different personalities

And everything J DUB said.