Sex and the MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PAGuyana

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sex as is in lack of, or cellibacy. Is there any truth to the old wive's tale that cellibacy keeps the mind sharp? Is anyone planning on taking a "break" before the MCAT? If so, for how long?

Members don't see this ad.

Sex as is in lack of, or cellibacy. Is there any truth to the old wive's tale that cellibacy keeps the mind sharp? Is anyone planning on taking a "break" before the MCAT? If so, for how long?

I would suggest that your break be for as long as it takes for your hand not to cramp up on test day. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Don't buy into it. I had sex during the MCAT and still did fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
most people who post around here don't have a choice

we should start a new SDN MCAT section "Study Buddies Wanted"

stress relief & studying - great combination!

---------------

to get back to your question, if i had someone to shag, there is no way i wouldn't be having sex. the physical excersize involved keeps the blood flowing to the brain and keeps you fresh.

we should start a new SDN MCAT section "Study Buddies Wanted"

stress relief & studying - great combination!

---------------

to get back to your question, if i had someone to shag, there is no way i wouldn't be having sex. the physical excersize involved keeps the blood flowing to the brain and keeps you fresh.

Its members would be all dudes who can't get any. :rolleyes:

before the MCAT, i had sex the night before to relieve stress...it worked.:) the MCAT turned out very well, too.

Soldier...LOVE THYSELF!

Yea i think its most important to do what keeps you sane, if its having sex everyday...then fine. If its smoking a pound of dope a day, then do it. Its most important not to let the small stuff agitate and throw you off for the big test day.

Yea i think its most important to do what keeps you sane, if its having sex everyday...then fine. If its smoking a pound of dope a day, then do it. Its most important not to let the small stuff agitate and throw you off for the big test day.

I think it's safe to say that a pound of dope a day is not a good study regime. Your writing sample will undoubtedly be more interesting, though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ehh it was for the sake of exaggerating the point that do what you gotta do to feel comfortable focus and do well...i actually know a guy (swear to god) who has an incredibly bad case of OCD and needs to smoke marijuana to calm himself down. When he doesn't smoke he does poorly in school, when he does...he's probably one of the most impressive, sharpest and smartest students i know.

My friend got drunk and took cocaine 3 times (in 2 months) while he was studying for the MCAT. I thought he was going to be screwed but he ended up with a 36S :eek:

I wanted to have sex during the mcat and I did fine. As long as you don't do it so hard that you bleed out during the mcat you should be okay.

I agree that you should do whatever keeps you sane. And cellebacy keeping your mind sharp is a load of crap. However, dudes, don't have too much sex because it could really wear you out. Three+ times and I can barely study; it's like a whole-body, weak feeling, especially in ma legs. It takes about 3-4 hours to recover.

My friend got drunk and took cocaine 3 times (in 2 months) while he was studying for the MCAT. I thought he was going to be screwed but he ended up with a 36S :eek:

While I can believe someone can do well while smoking that sort of stuff, I don't think that's going to help their case with admissions if they get caught doing illegal activity like that.

Just a bit of food for thought.

Also, some drugs (and I don't know if this applies to cocaine but it does to coffee) act as stimulators that help increase concentration to a certain degree.

I had a colleague a few years back who I heard could smoke weed the day before an exam and not study for it and go into the exam and get an A. She was brilliant though cuz she came from a background in which her mom was a PhD her real dad was a doctor and her step dad was pretty well educated too. She was also one of those crazy people who was talented in everything from multiple sports to multiple musical instruments and acting to the sciences and school. She ended up deciding to go into acting for a bit or try that when she moved out west with her younger half brother and mom and step dad but who knows if she ended up going back into medicine since then. Its been nearly 2.5 years since I last spoke with her.

Ehh it was for the sake of exaggerating the point that do what you gotta do to feel comfortable focus and do well...i actually know a guy (swear to god) who has an incredibly bad case of OCD and needs to smoke marijuana to calm himself down. When he doesn't smoke he does poorly in school, when he does...he's probably one of the most impressive, sharpest and smartest students i know.

Marijuana is believed to have some medicinal properties in treatment of some psychological disorders. So that's not that hard to believe. In some parts of California I believe it was being used for those purposes too.