Sexiest specialties

Started by NeuroChris
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anesthesia??? A guy who sometimes hides behind a curtain.??
Even worse goes to great length to limit his patient contact and doesn't even want to change his clothes (eg. scrub suit, mask and hat)..

Whats sexy about that?

It is sexy by simple tautology. You are an ignorant lout.
 
It is sexy by simple tautology. You are an ignorant lout.

If you shun communication with patients...There is nothing sexy about that..There are no two ways about it!
From my experience a good 50% of this medical arena is about good communication and many, many just can't do it ! Many (including some attendings) were not born to communicate concisely, properly, and at the right time.. That's just how it is and I'm not going to teach any more .
 
Last edited:
^^?? well, i have to say, Neurosurgery is the most sexist specialty....i have yet to come across a female neurosurgeon
 
There was just a random Derm conference at our school, and they all looked like Ken and Barbie. Not my ideals of beauty, but they were certainly easy on the eyes...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ER of course......Sexy is gone once you leave the first floor

Try it aloud:

I'm a urologist....what's that...I work on the urinary tract . (Even though we know how important and talented they are as surgeons but the girl in the club won't care if that's what you're asking..just picked a random not sexy specialty no offense to anyone btw)

Now say:

Emergency Physician...no one has to ask you what EXACTLY you do which in itself is sexy considering some of the job descriptions some of us have (Gastroenterologist/colorectal specialist comes to mind). You're dealing w/ Life and death, intubating and running codes on pts while wearing scrubs and some sick pumas or shirt and tie if that's your poison...plus you have drunk patients, and super sketchy/interesting CC's.
 
Last edited:
??? I don't see anything remotely attractive in any of these women. Strange things guys go for these days.

And the sexiest specialties are oncology or intensive care, because they have people who are dying and they are what I want to do.

Who f*ing cares.

I feel like this needs to come with a disclaimer concerning your status as an Asian female.
 
chill out, its a joke.

I am chill, I just can't believe a two page thread got dedicated to something so pointless, and subjective, for that matter. There are good and bad looking people in any specialty of medicine. And people's ideas of what is 'sexy' widely differ...

I feel like this needs to come with a disclaimer concerning your status as an Asian female.

yeah, well, I've been around enough white males to know how they think. And I have nothing against blondes, I have some blonde friends I consider beautiful, but big breasts and botox do not a 'babe' make.

[/My contribution to this thread]
 
I am chill, I just can't believe a two page thread got dedicated to something so pointless, and subjective, for that matter. There are good and bad looking people in any specialty of medicine. And people's ideas of what is 'sexy' widely differ...



yeah, well, I've been around enough white males to know how they think. And I have nothing against blondes, I have some blonde friends I consider beautiful, but big breasts and botox do not a 'babe' make.

[/My contribution to this thread]

You do realize this is SDN right? Lol

I do agree about the women on that website. I was not particularly impressed
 
I am chill, I just can't believe a two page thread got dedicated to something so pointless, and subjective, for that matter. There are good and bad looking people in any specialty of medicine. And people's ideas of what is 'sexy' widely differ...



yeah, well, I've been around enough white males to know how they think. And I have nothing against blondes, I have some blonde friends I consider beautiful, but big breasts and botox do not a 'babe' make.

[/My contribution to this thread]
How exactly did you discern the cup size of those women from head-and-shoulders photographs?

And did you drink your Haterade this morning?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yeah, well, I've been around enough white males to know how they think. And I have nothing against blondes, I have some blonde friends I consider beautiful, but big breasts and botox do not a 'babe' make.

[/My contribution to this thread]

This type of behavior knows no racial bounds.
 
How exactly did you discern the cup size of those women from head-and-shoulders photographs?

And did you drink your Haterade this morning?

Flat or not, that's the only size dissertation that really matters. All the specific measurements in between are only important for bra shopping.
 
The sexiest in the attention-getting conversational is definitely plastic surgery. You tell someone you are going into plastics and they will have so many questions.

Gastroenterology? Man, no one wants to hear it.

Oh, and girls love pediatricians.
 
Pediatric + specialty, really no arguments.

Pediatric cardiology? I try to save the hearts of little kids?
Pediatric plastics? I give children the ability to smile again?
Pediatric oncology? I try to cure cancer in little kids?

Neurosurgery? I fix brains?

Which one is going to melt a woman's heart and which is going to be "oh cool". Saving the lives of ten adults is going to get trumped instantly by saving the live of one baby.

Even the worse sounding specialties, if you jam a "pediatric" in front of it, you get a +10 modifier.
 
I don't know about sexy, but we have a neurosurgery attending who is pretty damn awesome and everyone wants to be like him. One of my chiefs even said he'd leave his wife for him. :laugh:

The trauma surgeons at our hospitals are pretty fine and would blend right in with the Grey Anatomy cast...maybe that's why they always feature them on billboards for our hospital system. 😛
 
Well every inappropriate joke I was going to make has already been made so---


Ortho and interventional rads get my vote


Derm has sexy women I've been told, but the job itself has no sex appeal
 
The sexiest in the attention-getting conversational is definitely plastic surgery. You tell someone you are going into plastics and they will have so many questions.

Gastroenterology? Man, no one wants to hear it.

Oh, and girls love pediatricians.

You clearly haven't experienced the wonder that is a male ob/gyn touching your upper thigh when you're 16, awkward, and ovulating. Soooooo hot. 😛

Jest aside, I think cardiothoracic surgeons are really sexy. 😍
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
PSYCHIATRISTS ARE THE SEXIEST
sleezy-psychiatrist-crackhospital-ssri-sexual.jpg