Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,
As a relatively unattached (ie no family, no real career) non-trad it dawned on me today that I might be able to take out some loans, get four pre-req courses out of the way this summer and save myself an entire year (!) of waiting for med school. I searched through a number of university websites and San Francisco State is the only one in I could find that offers the entire pre-med curriculum over summer session. However, their calendar makes it kind of hard to tell when the sessions begin and end and makes it seem like they even overlap each other.
So for those of you with experience there: Can I take Physics I and II, Gen Chem 2, and O Chem 1 over the summer, or can I only take two classes total? Do they in fact have two consecutive sessions like most institutions or am I just supposed to pick 1 of 3 overlapping sessions? Anybody tried tried such a one-year strategy informally and succeeded?
As a relatively unattached (ie no family, no real career) non-trad it dawned on me today that I might be able to take out some loans, get four pre-req courses out of the way this summer and save myself an entire year (!) of waiting for med school. I searched through a number of university websites and San Francisco State is the only one in I could find that offers the entire pre-med curriculum over summer session. However, their calendar makes it kind of hard to tell when the sessions begin and end and makes it seem like they even overlap each other.
So for those of you with experience there: Can I take Physics I and II, Gen Chem 2, and O Chem 1 over the summer, or can I only take two classes total? Do they in fact have two consecutive sessions like most institutions or am I just supposed to pick 1 of 3 overlapping sessions? Anybody tried tried such a one-year strategy informally and succeeded?