sGPA and cGPA Differences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

goldenscalpel

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I was wondering how big of an impact this will have come application time. My cGPA currently is a 3.85, while sGPA is at a 3.73 as a philosophy/biochem double major. I am heading into my senior year and hope to raise my cGPA to a 3.9 and sGPA to about a 3.79/3.8. When applying next year, will the lower sGPA have that significant of an impact at all, and how would the current 3.73 stand if I had already applied with it?

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

No they are both above the average, sGPA are typically a little lower

Reactions: 1 user
Take two of these, please. At most med schools, the median sGPA is 0,1 points lower, thanks for Orgo.

Hi all,

I was wondering how big of an impact this will have come application time. My cGPA currently is a 3.85, while sGPA is at a 3.73 as a philosophy/biochem double major. I am heading into my senior year and hope to raise my cGPA to a 3.9 and sGPA to about a 3.79/3.8. When applying next year, will the lower sGPA have that significant of an impact at all, and how would the current 3.73 stand if I had already applied with it?

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Reactions: 2 users
As is, your cGPA of 3.85 and sGPA of 3.73 are solid. You'll be fine even if you apply with a 3.73 sGPA. As the others have stated, it's not uncommon for the sGPA to be lower than the cGPA.