SGU acceptance rescinded for grades?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PerseveranceIsKey

Reaction score
I recently got accepted to the SGU's MD program with AEP August 2021 term. I'm currently at a Master's program with one C and one B on my transcript. I may get two more C's and one A in my other courses that finish next month. Would those 2 C's cause my acceptance to be rescinded?

Members don't see this ad.

C is a pass. No medical school in the U.S. rescinds acceptances for Cs let alone one in the Caribbean. That would be very surprising.

They just want your money. Better be careful once you get there though, they are infamous for making you repeat years or cutting you loose if you endanger their exaggerated match rate with poor grades or test scores.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
They just want your money. Better be careful once you get there though, they are infamous for making you repeat years or cutting you loose if you endanger their exaggerated match rate with poor grades or test scores.
Yeah, I completely understand the risks and benefits of going to a Caribbean school. I will definitely put in the work to avoid repeating terms or getting cut loose.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I completely understand the risks and benefits of going to a Caribbean school. I will definitely put in the work to avoid repeating terms or getting cut loose.

I would look at your performance at the Master's program as a glaring warning sign for you even if SGU doesn't care (which is likely). You're worried about getting your acceptance rescinded but can't get at least a B in a Master's program? When I did my Master's, a C was pretty much considered a failure. More concerning than getting cut loose would be you do doing enough to keep progressing, getting a poor Step 1 or Step 2 and then not matching with double the debt.

Reactions: 1 user
I would look at your performance at the Master's program as a glaring warning sign for you even if SGU doesn't care (which is likely). You're worried about getting your acceptance rescinded but can't get at least a B in a Master's program? When I did my Master's, a C was pretty much considered a failure. More concerning than getting cut loose would be you do doing enough to keep progressing, getting a poor Step 1 or Step 2 and then not matching with double the debt.
Yeah, I completely agree. I went through some issues during two of my exams and life stuff that got in the way. My first C contributed to me being ineligible for consideration to the medical school my Master's is at. However, I have an upward trend in exam performance after I sought help and adjusted my study strategies. Unfortunately, I just may not be able to do well enough to compensate for my earlier exam performance.

I recently got accepted to the SGU's MD program with AEP August 2021 term. I'm currently at a Master's program with one C and one B on my transcript. I may get two more C's and one A in my other courses that finish next month. Would those 2 C's cause my acceptance to be rescinded?
The only thing that'll get you rescinded is your untimely demise, Carib is desperate these days

Everyone goes in with that mentality. 40% get voted off the island. Your streak of C’s puts you in strong contention for a spot in this 40%.

SGU won’t rescind your acceptance; it’s a money-hungry, predatory institution, and it couldn’t care less about your chances of academic success. But if it did rescind your acceptance, it would be doing you a very kind favor.