SGU August 2013 Class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WhyDoWeFall

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else gotten into SGU for August 2013 and is planning on going?

Might be a bit early haha.

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed here less than a week ago, should get a decision back pretty soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck to the both of you! Hopefully you'll get your answers soon.

So, in the last 2 weeks I was admitted to ROSS, SGU, and AUC...I declined my acceptance to ROSS because the attrition rate is horrendous. I'm still going back and forth between AUC and SGU. I'm leaning more towards SGU because of the reputation, but AUC has excellent USMLE scores and is much cheaper. Does anyone else have this problem? Any advice is appreciated.

So, in the last 2 weeks I was admitted to ROSS, SGU, and AUC...I declined my acceptance to ROSS because the attrition rate is horrendous. I'm still going back and forth between AUC and SGU. I'm leaning more towards SGU because of the reputation, but AUC has excellent USMLE scores and is much cheaper. Does anyone else have this problem? Any advice is appreciated.

The increased expense of sgu has some benefit. There seems to be a lot less headaches during the clinical years compared to other Carib schools.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Got into SGU, Ross and AUC for fall 2013. still waiting on response from American Medical Schools but leaning towards SGU as a back

Congratulations! I have many questions for you guys, I'm studying for the MCAT, and planning to do it on May, hopefully. Also, I'm planning to apply to sgu, auc, and ross for august 2013. do you think that if I do the MCAT on May and receive the scores on June, do you think I am still on time to apply for August term?
Also, I have international research experience, and volunteer, but my overall gpa is 3.19 and science 3.6. do you think I could be competent? What were your experiences through you interviews and admission processes? I will really appreciate your feedback!

Just got accepted yesterday to SGU for August 2013 after interviewing last week. I think this is the facebook group if anyone is interested: https://www.facebook.com/groups/151288238360922/?fref=ts
Just a backup since I most likely will not attend if I get into a D.O. school or a good linkage postbacc/SMP program. So expensive at SGU (~$55k/year) -_-

joe15 said:
Congratulations! I have many questions for you guys, I'm studying for the MCAT, and planning to do it on May, hopefully. Also, I'm planning to apply to sgu, auc, and ross for august 2013. do you think that if I do the MCAT on May and receive the scores on June, do you think I am still on time to apply for August term?
Also, I have international research experience, and volunteer, but my overall gpa is 3.19 and science 3.6. do you think I could be competent? What were your experiences through you interviews and admission processes? I will really appreciate your feedback!

Taking the MCAT in May would be really late if you're applying to SGU for the Aug. '13 term. The admissions counselor said seats usually fill up by March/April. However, if you do pretty well on the MCAT then it most likely wouldn't matter considering your good sGPA and research experience. Take a look at valuemd forum for interview questions/admissions.

I interviewed here on Monday and got the phone call this afternoon. I'd love to go if I don't get into my first choice school, and if I do, I'll be taking part in the KBT Global Scholar's program.

How long does it usually take after sending in an application before hearing back about the interview? Are they pretty quick getting back after the interview as well? It just seems that March is quite late to send off an application, so I'm trying to get an idea of the time frame.

How long does it usually take after sending in an application before hearing back about the interview? Are they pretty quick getting back after the interview as well? It just seems that March is quite late to send off an application, so I'm trying to get an idea of the time frame.

I got my interview invite in roughly a month. I had to fill out some more forms to apply to the masters program as well. I also had a back and forth with them about re-sitting for the MCATs. But yea, roughly a month.

Do any of you who were accepted to SGU, AUC or Ross, mind sharing their GPA/ MCAT?

Also, SGU said they do a "grade forgiveness" policy for gpa. Is this similar to how D.O. schools use their grade forgiveness policy?

question: did anyone get granted an interview without all of their supplemental materials being in?

I am thinking about applying to SGU for January 2013, I am curious on everybody's stats that got in...I'm working with a 3.34 cgpa and a 3.18 sgpa and a 24 MCAT. is this good enough? I brought my MCAT from a 15 to a 24 in two months...really good ec's also letter of rec from SGU grad and a adjunct faculty memeber.