SGU chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stratman672

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, just wanted to get some feedback from you guys. What do you think my chances would be to get in to SGU (or any of the big four)? I have a 3.18 GPA (3.05 science), and my grades trend upwards with a 3.94 GPA my junior year (3.93 science). My MCAT is a 32 (11 physical, 8 verbal, 13 bio, P essay) My extracurriculars are strong. I've shadowed doctors and surgeons, volunteered at the hospital, volunteered in a overseas humanitarian project, and am rush chair of my fraternity. Thanks in advance guys. Please be brutally honest. :)

Members don't see this ad.

man you should do an extra year and boost that GPA. do some US schools look at upward trends? in Canada they do. you have a good MCAT if you are a US citizen. But it seems like SGU is definitely attainable. not speaking from solid experience though.

The problem is one year is not going to make that much of a difference in my GPA. :(

Hi i think with those stats you will have a very good shot at SGU and you should definitely apply. You have to remember the admission committee looks at the whole application and each applicant is different and they are not just numbers on a piece of paper. My advise is to apply and i feel you will have a good chance of getting into SGU.

Hope this helps.