• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

SGU Financial Aid

mbflg8r

15+ Year Member
Jul 3, 2000
Hollywood, FL USA
    I have recently been accepted to SGU School of Medicine for Fall 2000. I am now having a hard time getting the finances to pay for it. I am getting the $18,500 from the federal Stafford Loans. The rest of the cost has to be borrowed from a private lender. This company has denied my loan due to some past bad credit problems. Now I have to find a co-signer. However, this co-signer cannot have a debt-to-income ratio of more than %40. Even if I find a co-signer that meets this criteria, what about the following years when the same co-signer probably won't qualify due to the previous year's loan. Are there any other options or companies that I can use? Also, why can I not get the $38,000 from the Federal government that medical students in the US get? Please help! Thank you

About the Ads
    This thread is more than 21 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
    2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
    3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
    4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
    5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
    6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
    7. This thread is locked.