sgu, mcat...acceptance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doc4you

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
just out of curiousity...what is the absolute lowest mcat score you've known someone to get and yet be accepted to sgu???

Members don't see this ad.

There is no minimum number because there are far too many variable involved.

Any person with an 18-22 MCAT must have a high GPA, a graduate degree or years of research under his belt.

If your MCAT is weak then the rest of your application must be extraordinarily strong. Ying and yang is in effect when it comes to stats.

Members don't see this ad :)
There is no minimum number because there are far too many variable involved.

Any person with an 18-22 MCAT must have a high GPA, a graduate degree or years of research under his belt.

If your MCAT is weak then the rest of your application must be extraordinarily strong. Ying and yang is in effect when it comes to stats.

That's certainly understandable that there is no minimum. I like your ying and yang interpretation, McGill...so true!

Anyways, keep the post going.

Also, just a few additional questions:

Were those accepted with low MCAT scores and stats successful in sgu?

Were they able to pass licensing exams to become docs in the US? Are they successful docs to this day??

If there are any first-hand experiences out there..please share as well! Thanks!!

I know of a guy 4 years ago that got into SGU with a 23 and a 3.4.

As for your other questions my friend got an 18 on the MCAT went to Ross and scored a 231 on Step 1 and a 245 on Step II.

There's some guy at VMD who is at Ross who claims to have gotten a 260 on Step I. Obviously, it may or may not be true. Still, it shouldn't surprise you; some people do turn themselves around, from doing poorly in college to awesome in med school. SGU/Ross/AUC/Saba are all pumping out quality doctors every year.