SGU/ROSS grads and fellowships??

Started by NRAI2001
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

NRAI2001

3K Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know that SGU and ROSS grads don't have too much difficulty in matching into Gen. Surg. and IM residencies. But what about getting fellowships afterwards. Do they have difficulties in getting into medical fields like cardiology, nephrology, pulmonology? What about surgery fields like cardio/thoracic surgery, plastic surgery, transplant surgery?
 
not sure you'll get the answer you want.

schools dont keep track of those things. Fellowships are based on where and how well you did in residency, med school doesnt have such a bearing on such things.
 
lmbebo said:
not sure you'll get the answer you want.

schools dont keep track of those things. Fellowships are based on where and how well you did in residency, med school doesnt have such a bearing on such things.

Does anyone know any grads or heard of any success stories? I know a few Ross and Sgu grads, but they just started or are about to start their IM residencies.

Anyone in a residency program, who has seen FMG fellows?

Thanks.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
jim on valuemd said a friend just got a cards fellowship.
met a guy in miami (AICM) who had just finished a gastro fellowship.
 
lmbebo said:
jim on valuemd said a friend just got a cards fellowship.
met a guy in miami (AICM) who had just finished a gastro fellowship.

Cool, do u think these guys are the exception, or is it common for those who seek it?
 
i have no clue.

I've only heard of 2. The school doesn't receive such information and our match list isnt even complete since its not mandatory for the stuents to report where they matched.
 
lmbebo said:
i have no clue.

I've only heard of 2. The school doesn't receive such information and our match list isnt even complete since its not mandatory for the stuents to report where they matched.

Yea I always wondered why the school wasn't more thorough. I ve heard of some impressive matches that weren't reported (rads, rad onco, ortho,) and at some impressive places. I would think it would draw more people towards the school.