SGU san diego interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uknowwhoitis

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Today I just got a call from SGU and I was informed that I will be interviewed next week (aug. 22) down in San Diego, CA. Anyone here interview there with Dr. Sanderson? WHat was it like? i will search the form for typical questions but anyone have specific to say? Thanks

p.s. its kind of funny because I got the interview even though I still have 1 more letter of rec to send in.

Members don't see this ad.

thats cool man your file wasnt even complete better get that letter in. My friend had a recent interview with him and she said he was real chill. he is an Alumni and all he did was talk about himself no real tough questions. she said he just went on and on about how rich and successful he is. so dont stress over this just enjoy and relax.

oh and she got accepted :) and left for the island today. what term are you applying for? Jan?

just curious what were your stats? MCAT score? im asking bc im interested in applying to SGU as well and am planning on taking the MCAT in Jan and am SCARED i may not score high enough

Yo JazzyJaz,

Thanks for the insight. I got a 25O with a 3.88 overall gpa (3.94 science), 1 year research, volunteer with red cross. As far as MCAT goes, what I learned was instead of spending so much time worrying about the exam, you could be studying. I know it is easier said than done, buy when I finished taking the test last april, I felt so ridiculous because i, like so many people I know, feel like it isn't a test of knowledge but how well you prepare and are mentally tough and as the score says, I was complaining too much along the path and should have stayed more positive. SO RELAXXXX, STUDY AND TRY YOUR BEST. take breaks. I'll let y'all know how it goes!!!

Dr. Sanderson is exceptionally likable. I was friends and a roommate of Kathleen Dunn (now Dr. Kathleen Marshall) in 1996. She knew Dr. Sanderson as both are from SD. He came by our house (the Caribe Inn (AKA "The Coast Guard House")) after a lecture and we had dinner together. He made FP sound better than I thought it could be.

Just another happy, successful SGU grad.

Steve Lobel, MD SGU2K
Asst PD, EMORY Pain-PMR fellowship program.
www.georgiapainphysicians.com