Shadowing A Clinical Pharmacist in Southern California

Started by Azianmunk
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Azianmunk

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm currently still an undergraduate student at Univ. of Cal, Riverside. Before I go full pledged into the pharmaceutical field, it would be good to know what other options a PharmD has other than retail.

I learn and become passionate from doing not from reading a chapter from a book. So I'm currently looking for someone who will let me observe them while they work up to 40 hours. I am will to make the commute to from Orange County (where I'm staying right now) to the Inland Empire, Los Angeles, San Diego areas.

Any type of assistance and referrals are welcome.
 
I'm a rising 3rd year and I'm interested in shadowing as well. If school permits, I would like to do my 4th year rotations at home in CA. I thought I'd look around first rather than choose a random pharmacy to rotate in. Also, does anyone have any suggestions on how an out-of-state student can go about finding helpful locations to rotate in (ie one that has had experience precepting and cares somewhat about teaching)? Zpak mentioned the children's hospital; I think that's great advice. Any others? I know that contacting CA schools would yield no helpful results. Do any CA students care to share some information? Thanks!
 
From what I hear, it is difficult for out of state students to set up rotations in CA. Someone from CA might be able to explain the system better, but each rotation site is assigned to the nearest school of pharmacy and if you want to rotate there you have to set it up with that school.