shadowing a dentist near Brooklyn/Manhattan?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sam26880

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How do I go about finding someone to shadow near Brooklyn/Manhattan area? Should I just start calling some dentists randomly? Does anyone have any recommendation? I'm a non-traditional student (26 yo) thinking about attending dental school in Fall 2008. I work full time in Manhattan (Park and 40th) and live in Brooklyn (Bushwick area).

Which do you think would be the best place to shadow someone? I work full time so I will only be able to shadow on wknds and because I live in brooklyn, finding someone closer would be nice but at the same time I think shadowing someone in Manhattan would be better for me. What do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

My father is a dentist on 46th and Park Ave. I am sure if you sent him an e-mail he would have no problem allowing you to shadow him. He has a very interesting/imptessive practice.

PM me if you are interested.

Drop by St-lukes Roosevelt dental clinic and say you want to shadow, they usually have spots there.