shadowing a friend who is DPT

Started by FieldDay
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

FieldDay

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is this a conflict?

Admissions may question since the office is located out of state in a different city. They will wonder how I ended up in that city for my observation hours.

Maybe its better to find local hours
 
I did all my observation in Colorado currently living and only applying in Florida. I just made sure to get my hoes verified by various PTs. To verify them the put in their PT license#.


Posted using SDN Mobile
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I cant imagine this being a conflict unless the friend writes a letter of rec for you. I dont think this should be a problem at all really.
 
Is this a conflict?

Admissions may question since the office is located out of state in a different city. They will wonder how I ended up in that city for my observation hours.

Maybe its better to find local hours
This shouldn't matter at all, even if you want them to write a letter of recommendation (as long as they are a PT it doesn't matter how you know them). If it was family I could see how there could be an issue. I would consider every PT that I shadowed a friend, heck one of them I had known for over 20 years. Now if you need a letter of rec and you ask a friend to write it and they aren't your professor, a PT, or employer, then you have a problem.
 
I don't think the schools your applying to would even have any way of knowing that that PT was a personal friend unless you told them. It's totally fine, lots of people shadow friends and acquaintances.
 
Hope you learned and absorbed everything during your observations. Wouldn't want those hoes to go to waste.