Shadowing a Pharmacist in Northern Virginia/DC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rb4hu

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I was just wondering if anyone knew of any pharmacists in northern virginia (near Fairfax, VA or even DC) that I could shadow. I have been having a lot of difficulty finding someone that would be willing to give up their time. Thanks so much.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone! I was just wondering if anyone knew of any pharmacists in northern virginia (near Fairfax, VA or even DC) that I could shadow. I have been having a lot of difficulty finding someone that would be willing to give up their time. Thanks so much.
I live in northern virginia and I have too. All the chains (CVS, Walgreens, etc.) have told me that their companies don't allow them to accept shadowing opportunities and there aren't that many private pharmacies around.

I live in northern virginia and I have too. All the chains (CVS, Walgreens, etc.) have told me that their companies don't allow them to accept shadowing opportunities and there aren't that many private pharmacies around.

Apply to work as a Pharm Tech or any related position in their drugs departments would be a good option.

Apply to work as a Pharm Tech or any related position in their drugs departments would be a good option.
I would, but I don't have a tech license and with my current schedule I don't have time to study for a tech license. Either way, Harris Teeter doesn't require for you to have a tech license to get a pharm tech job, as they will train you. I've applied there, but heard nothing back. I've even emailed these private compounding pharmacies if I could volunteer or shadow, and they haven't even responded to my email. Seems a bit rude.