Shadowing Abroad: Anyone with experience finding one?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Winaburger

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone, so I am going to be in Bali, Indonesia for a little over a month and was trying to look for dentists that I could possibly spend some time shadowing over there, but it has been tricky finding a legit opportunity. Does anyone have experience trying to find an international shadowing opportunity (paid or unpaid really)?

Thanks for the help here : )
 
Hey everyone, so I am going to be in Bali, Indonesia for a little over a month and was trying to look for dentists that I could possibly spend some time shadowing over there, but it has been tricky finding a legit opportunity. Does anyone have experience trying to find an international shadowing opportunity (paid or unpaid really)?

Thanks for the help here : )

your best bet would be to find someone known thru ur contacts back home. A dentist from the US who practices in Bali perhaps.

I googled my dentist in NJ from India and approched him online. He was an indian too and understood what I wanted. I called him when I got to Nj and we were all set!

Its gonna be unpaid.
 
Does anyone have advice on how to get shadowing experience? I finished my BDS from India in 2016. I'm in Austin,TX now.A few days ago... I went to a bunch of clinics asking them if I could shadow... they all said to leave my contact info and they would ask the dentist there and call... I also tried contacting mobile and free dental clinics but all I get is their answering machine!! I left a message 2-3 days ago... and no reply! Does anyone here have any advice on how to proceed further???? I'm getting really frustrated here!!:grumpy:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have advice on how to get shadowing experience? I finished my BDS from India in 2016. I'm in Austin,TX now.A few days ago... I went to a bunch of clinics asking them if I could shadow... they all said to leave my contact info and they would ask the dentist there and call... I also tried contacting mobile and free dental clinics but all I get is their answering machine!! I left a message 2-3 days ago... and no reply! Does anyone here have any advice on how to proceed further???? I'm getting really frustrated here!!:grumpy:
Check on craigslist for jobs for dental assistants in your location. Send them resume and mention your intent to shadow. Write a good cover letter. If you have work permit, try to get a job of dental assistant. Good luck.
 
Check on craigslist for jobs for dental assistants in your location. Send them resume and mention your intent to shadow. Write a good cover letter. If you have work permit, try to get a job of dental assistant. Good luck.
Thanks nbde4dds!🙂