Shadowing Advice for Emergeny Field Vehicle?

Started by KiddCo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

KiddCo

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The next two weeks I have packed with shadowing doctors in various specialties. One of the more interesting shadowing opportunities will be on an Emergency Field Vehicle in the greater Chicago area.

I don't know much about them, but from what I've been able to find out it's a modified ambulance with some more specialized equipment which responds to higher level traumas with an onboard doctor. Has anyone ever done this before, and have any advice or recommendations? I'll be doing this for 4 days in a row.

As for the other two I'll be shadowing General Surgery and Radiology. General surgery is tomorrow and Radiology on Tuesday.

Side question; button-up with tie or no tie for general surgery? Leaning towards solid color button-up with semi-plain tie and khakis.
 
What gyngyn said, but if you don't get a response from the respective offices, go in business attire to all but the emergency field vehicle shadowing and bring a change of clothes including shoes you don't mind getting spattered on.

For the emergency field vehicle shadowing, I would imagine business casual with shoes you can rock 'n' roll in would work out well.
 
What gyngyn said, but if you don't get a response from the respective offices, go in business attire to all but the emergency field vehicle shadowing and bring a change of clothes including shoes you don't mind getting spattered on.

For the emergency field vehicle shadowing, I would imagine business casual with shoes you can rock 'n' roll in would work out well.

Good call on the change of clothing; I would of missed out on that. I had to complete a whole bunch of forms and waivers for the EFV. One simply stated plain shirt. I'm assuming it means button down plain shirt. I really don't want to bother the hospital administrative assistant again. I feel I was a tad pushy on getting so many shadowing spots with them. Maybe I'll get her a cheese basket or write a nice thank you note to ease things over.