Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Shadowing as a significant experience in Post-Secondary?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by kreno, May 8, 2002.

1. kreno

kreno Candy Man
    7+ Year Member

Did you guys put shadowing doctors in your post-secondary experiences? I mean, what the heck is there to explain in the 510 word description? The thing is, I spent SO many hours shadowing doctors that I wouldn't want to miss out on listing this. What did you guys do? thanks!

2. dr. bc

dr. bc Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I would definitely suggest it, even if you have done other clinical work . I was at an interview and have done tons of clinical work (have been in a clinic working with pts/rns/mds for 2 years) and after explaining everything i do at my job, my interviewing asked me if i had done any shadowing...now: he obviously had a list of questions to ask and i think he was more focused on taking notes on my answers rather than listening to what i was saying (as i think they all did - someone else interviewing the same day w/ different interviewer got asked the same question and he does clinical work also)....so...to make a long story short: just put it down, talk briefly about the types of things you've done, see, etc....it can't hurt!

Good Luck!

3. ValleyGal

ValleyGal Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Sure -- its medically related so I threw it on there. No reason to hold out on info that could convince adcoms that you know what you are getting into