1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Shadowing as a significant experience in Post-Secondary?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by kreno, May 8, 2002.

1. kreno

kreno Candy Man
    7+ Year Member

Did you guys put shadowing doctors in your post-secondary experiences? I mean, what the heck is there to explain in the 510 word description? The thing is, I spent SO many hours shadowing doctors that I wouldn't want to miss out on listing this. What did you guys do? thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. dr. bc

dr. bc Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I would definitely suggest it, even if you have done other clinical work . I was at an interview and have done tons of clinical work (have been in a clinic working with pts/rns/mds for 2 years) and after explaining everything i do at my job, my interviewing asked me if i had done any shadowing...now: he obviously had a list of questions to ask and i think he was more focused on taking notes on my answers rather than listening to what i was saying (as i think they all did - someone else interviewing the same day w/ different interviewer got asked the same question and he does clinical work also)....so...to make a long story short: just put it down, talk briefly about the types of things you've done, see, etc....it can't hurt!

Good Luck!

4. ValleyGal

ValleyGal Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Sure -- its medically related so I threw it on there. No reason to hold out on info that could convince adcoms that you know what you are getting into